M109 Vietnam / full interior

Looking great. Yes, if you can chock the tracks, on level ground, the spades do not have to be used for firing. I also depends on what charge you are firing. Higher charges do require the spades to be used.

1 Like

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Ready for primer

First time i used the Mr. Hobby primer. Gotta say it is awesome. Really smooth surface

8 Likes

Wow, wonderful work on the interior! I like the entire setup, with the groundwork and the figures…

This will turn out a masterpiece!

Mario

2 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

I will mix the final basecolor myself as i am for that really dark vietnam era olive drab.
The available paints are too much of a green shade. I tried mixing black and yellow and think this is gonna work for me.

Meanwhile i made myself a mould to make as many 155mm shells as i want :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Base color is on :slight_smile:
Now on to detail painting and weathering…
Cheers

6 Likes

Having fun with weathering :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks great so far Ralph

1 Like

Thanks all :slight_smile:

I started some painting on the Diorama base.

4 Likes

Coming along nicely.

1 Like

Dear god please tell me those sandbags aren’t individual.

Is looking solid Ralph, keep it up!

2 Likes

No, he is using an old Verlinden base. It was made out of kind of an expanded foam materiel. It was quite nice. Maybe (hopefully) it will be available again since Verlinden’s old masters were bought recently and are supposed to be available again soon.

verlinden-35-kit-259-54mm-vietnam_360_266dbb9b6e27ad087c9ca7f42838b042

5 Likes

Yes. The base is an old Verlinden kit. Wanted one since i had seen it in a Verlinden magazine in the 80s as a kid :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be cool. Do you know who the buyer is?

2 Likes

Oh, I remember that magazine and I remember the diorama inspired me too… never got around getting the base, but your diorama is an inspiration as well, so perhaps I will have to rethink about making something similar.

Well done, you are doing an amazing job all around.

Mario

1 Like

@HeavyArty so who bought the verlinden molds, i thought they had all been destroyed.

The molds yes. The actual masters for all their pieces were saved and bought by Greg Cooper from The Scale Model Graveyard.

1 Like

Finished the M109 :slight_smile:
Some stuff to add into the turret baskets and it is done.
Now, on to the figures…

10 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Love that interior!! And on my screen the dark olive drab looks very dark, nearly black… different, very nice!

1 Like