M1278 JLTV. I love Kit 1/35

A humvee successor has been chosen so it’s time for a change. Larger than the HMMWV but smaller than the M-ATV. Shapely, but muscular. We begin. There will be a verse used by Marines with the MCTAGS turret

2 Likes

RFM is also doing one.
I wonder if this is an ex Panda kit?

1 Like

Don’t you thinks about the M-Atav? Not the same vehicle…

Will be following.

I too Love Kits, so will continue along this journey with you. Please, share a lots of photographs :wink:

Simple story…

3 Likes

A cabin without fireworks. I will wait for an RFM with an open interior. There are also few photos with the possibility of viewing the headliner, the arrangement of intercoms and the electronics itself. I close deafly. Windows in the rear door, like slits in a medieval knight’s helmet. Rear doors assembled on both sides.

1 Like

Following

It looks

strange in the model. In a real vehicle too? Chassis frame missing. Front and rear independently mounted to the body? At the moment, it is folded “into saliva”, so it can be crooked.

3 Likes

“held together with spit”? We get it!

Looking good so far.

The actual vehicle is constructed this way as well. It has a central steel capsule that makes up the cab with front and rear subframes bolted to it.

From Oshkosh literature:

“JLTV uses a monocoque capsule design – meaning that the chassis is integral with the body of the vehicle – which has integrated ‘subframes’ to protect the crew capsule.”

1 Like

That 3D rendering is not correct.

From my visit to Osh Kosh a few years ago, I have photos on my walk around of the hood and rear sections removed. They show the sub-assemblies as in Makinen’s photos above. The kit looks fairly spot on - as much as one can tell from those photos. Way too much black going on though. The fun part will be painting everything under the hood.

1 Like

@18bravo -Too much black? The entire suspension is black. There is nothing to paint on the model under the hood.

I think he means it is hard to see details in the photos because everything is black and they are a little washed out/blurry.

Aaaaaaa! Give me a moment for dust and dry brush

No, I meant exactly what I said - there is a lot of color visible even with the hood down and no engine. There are cast suspension components, the accordion hose coming off the air filter, and a few other things. If it had an engine then you’d be obviously be treated to even more - orange, red, blue, yellow, and several metalics.

I don’t think I will think of anything here, since the model has no engine :grin:

I’ve sent you some photos to help you along.

Welcome to the jungle…

1 Like