M163a1 pivads

FTA…you know what I mean

1 Like

I was with the Division from 1992-95 (E Co. 2-7 Inf) and went to NTC in 1993 (Rotation 93-5) to the sandbox. Gonna have to dig out pics of my time in the Dust Bowl.

Looks good, bit I assume that these are not in tank and Brad companies?

Wow! I had no idea!!! I absolutely have to get that kit!!!

I see that italeri makes one as well.

Yeah; I built that one when I was stationed in Georgia. The Academy version would be a better choice IMO, since it benefits from the newer M113 lower hull components.

1 Like

Looking at the photo of the guys sitting I already recognized my guys. PFC Champagne. SSG Gray, PCF Washburn and others! We were always assigned ground support for infantry or armor cav as suppressing fire. Hated keeping up with the Bradley’s and M1’s. At least when I was in Korea they still had M-60 MBT’s. At least we had a chance to keep up with them. Going downhill of course.

I have a pile of photos of field exercises both in Korea and the states. I’ll have to dig them up to share. Great reference stuff for us modelers.

Still can’t believe there’s a model of my track. Absolutely buying that one. I’ll probably turn my Iterali version into the scheme we had in Korea. Slightly different make up. In Korea we had woodland camo scheme and had flotation pods. Have a great photo of that. The desert scheme things were stripped down a bit.

I remember when we were first assigned a Stinger guy. None of us were happy about that. We barely had room for the driver, gunner and TC. Now you want a Missile attached with cargo straps to the back!???

1 Like

I’m currently working on an M6A2 Linebacker. Any chance you had any time on them?

M6A2 Linebacker Bradley build - Armor/AFV - KitMaker Network

:rofl: :joy: :upside_down_face: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :upside_down_face: :rofl: :joy: :boom: :nauseated_face:
No!
Ken

Looking at a couple of images from South Korea and i crashed upon this… a K263 VADS based off the K200A1 KIFV.

And my brain went… “oooh!”

2 Likes

Is that what the big box on the rear is for? The stinger?
Why didn’t they design a stinger to be able to fire out the 113?
The crazy stuff they did and didn’t do back in the '80s blow my mind.

Is it still in service?

You’d think after looking at drones, both military and civilian being used, that our military would be shoveling money to defense companies to come up with a quick design.

Yes. Still in ROK Army service, though upgraded as the K263A3. The boxes are just stowage racks.

1 Like

I’ve built the Italeri Vulcan track. It needs help. They neglected to add the tool stowage on the top deck, so you’ll have to source your own.

Nope. Stuck on the M113 chassis and another 4 tons of gun system.

Yup. Stinger

1 Like

That might be kit bash right there.
An Academy KIFV and M163 plus an AFV Club YPR-765 AIFV for the roof.

1 Like

There is also a variant of the YPR that uses the Emerson ITV turret from the M901 and LAV-AT.

1 Like