M2A3 and M3A3 Bradley Features

What are the exterior features that distinguish between the M2A3 and M3A3 Bradley?

Paul

From the horse’s mouth :wink:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/m2a3-vs-m3a3-bradley-t134353.html

H.P.

1 Like

Frenchy,

Many thanks.

Paul

Since Gino continues to use my photo in his answer (the top one) you may be interested in the best Bradley walkaround anywhere on the planet, covering A0 models all the way to the A4 models. Speaking of models, you receive the bonus images of Bradley in a Bradley. They will blow your socks off. I don’t think she’s wearing any socks either…

$16.00 via PayPal.
PM if interested.

Thanks for posting your pic on the internet, as I just copied it out of a search in 2014, according to the post date. It was/is very useful.

More Bradley info below:

A few more questions on the M2A3 Bradley …

1. Shown in photo ‘a’, what is the function of this antenna (highlighted with red)?
  2. Is this antenna of a standard length?
  3. The Bradley in photo ‘b’ has what appears to be a sighting mechanism (highlighted with blue).
    In various photos of M2A3s, this device seems to be absent. Could it be that an alternative
    sighting technology has rendered it obsolete?

Thanks,

Paul

A is a newer long range FM antenna. It is about 6 feet tall.

B is a backup sight that comes on all Bradleys (and always has) from the factory. Some crew remove them or they get damaged and fall off as they are just plexiglass with a reticle on them.

It’s the commander’s ring sight, connected to the gun mantlet armor via an articulated arm. This allows the commander to quickly aim at targets such as low-flying aircraft by lining them up with the plastic crosshairs and an aperture sight.

H.P.

Once again, many thanks.

Paul

Some photos.
Seen from the front. Plexiglass/plastic piece in place.

Plexiglass missing.

As seen from the side.

Ken

1 Like