M3 Half-track

50/50 what? … “hiccup!” :tumbler_glass::crazy_face:

3 Likes

My guess would be thinner but seems very thin to me. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

More what I was thinking…

Two jugs Tamiya, three jugs hootch… fiddy/fiddy.
Yep, seems ‘bout right Jethro.
IMG_2355

6 Likes

Just to clarify… Tamiya Olive drab mixed 50/50… But all my measurements are eyeballed so it could be a bit more or less…:grin:
:tumbler_glass: That measure is about 85 to 15 or neat :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Oh, I get it now… 85 track to 15 wheel = neat half-track! :laughing:

Carry on soldier. :saluting_face:

Lol… And moving on …

Added the nose with the rad slats open, you get this one or the solid closed option.

Also did the windscreen and added the PE rear section

Then masked both sides on the clear

More to follow :+1:

8 Likes

As well as working on Victory, I also got some progress done with the M3…

I got all the straps on the Jerry can holders, and dry fitted one to see how it looks

Also did the dash. Not perfect, but with what you will see in the end, it should be ok.

I don’t like small fiddly bits of PE but I thought I would do the foot rests ? under the rear seats. You need to initially fill in the kit piece mounting points, which I did then sanded back, then cut 4 lengths of plastic rod, and began shaping the PE brackets.

All went together nice and easy and looks ok, also fitted the 2 PE fuel breather disks ?

Looks ok and adds a bit of extra detail.

Forgot this one,

12 Likes

Sure is starting to look familiair… very nice!!

1 Like

Thanks Bert :+1:… Not as much detail as your radio wagon, but it’s not a bad kit.

Drilled out the muzzles…

There are a few more of PE to go on each one, including the ammo boxes and their mounts. Shame I don’t have decals for the ammo tins… I suppose it’s something I should have… In fact thinking about it, I may have some spares … Will have to have a look later.

4 Likes

Just a thought, if you will be weathering it, maximum mud on sprockets and idlers, to conceal the design…

3 Likes

That thought had already crossed my mind :+1: :+1: as although it never saw action, I imagine it would of gone through some form of testing etc.

Is that what those are? Was wondering about that when I first built this kit years ago.

Your scratch built versions look great!

1 Like

Thanks @KoSprueone , appreciated. I think they are either footrests or maybe tie down rails ? Cant think of anything else they would be any use for.

1 Like

I’m likin this build. So much so that I dug up my Tamiya M3 kit and found the Voyager PE set stowage holder, the Tank Workshop sprocket and idler set and a Squadron walk around book inside. I recon I was planning way ahead, forgot I had all this, HA!
the resin tracks don’t look user friendly though. Ruck On, bookmarked!

2 Likes

Dont build your hopes up Steve lol … I will try and do a decent job though … (glad you had the sprocket and idler set though, they will make a huge difference :+1:)

I don’t think that mud could hide the lack of openings on the sprockets, it could even put it into evidence because mud is usually lighter than olive drab paint.

1 Like

Put together the rear stowage racks, well, more bent that put together lol… Just need to add the support arms to each side.

Was looking at the PE frets and if I’m being honest, I probably wouldn’t use more than 25% of it even if I wanted to. One thing they could of added would of been the side ladder stowage racks. That would of made a big difference but hey ho …

4 Likes

Hi, I just wanted to share my 3rd model kit built when I was a kid. It’s the Tamiya M3. I think I got the colors accurate both interior and exterior. This was before the interwebs and I had no reference material other than trucks in my neighborhood at the time so obviously it’s right on point :open_mouth: :alien: :clown_face:

Thanks for looking and if you need any color code call outs, let me know…

6 Likes

Masterful job. Very jealous of your skill. Almost faultless, just one tiny call out with paint peel:

:rofl: :+1:

To be honest, probably way better than what I did back in the day…

2 Likes

:joy: ah Jeez, I didn’t even notice that. I’ll have to cover that up with the kit land mines or a rolled up tarp :grin:

1 Like