M35 Maintenance Truck

Just one question on that issue: did the Army had a blueprint for that plywood-shelters or did the unit carpenter build it by his fantasy?

That’s a very good question. Knowing the Army, the answer is probably a “qualified yes”. I would guess that some engineer unit probably at Corps or Army Level developed a suggested plan that was distributed, but having said that, I have never heard of or seen such a plan. I’m sure that the Army has been building these since WW II so if there is a plan, it’s probably been lost a LONG time ago. Hey, I can’t even get my hands on a copy of the Regulation which officially kicked off the MASSTER program back in 1973.

Hi Tom… Wow, great detail and finish. Are you retired.

Cheers,
Ralph

Is it that obvious I have that much time on my hands? :laughing:
Yes. I spent five years active duty in Germany from 1972-1977 and was with this battalion for three of them. When I left the AC, I served in the Guard and Reserves for another 25 years and retired in 2002. During that time I was an engineer at Ford Motor Company, pretty much all of it working for Truck, for 30 years. After I retired from Ford I also did almost 8 years as a consulting engineer on various programs for PEO Ground Combat Systems at Tank Automotive Command.