M548A1 AFV-CLUB 1/35 - Argentine Army

Hi All,
My new proyect, I suposse It will be the last of the year, It is a M548A1 that will be of the Argentine Army, The model is AFV Club, in my opinion the kit is not good, It has marcks of inyection, the assembly is regular, one piece and the other in some case dont assemble well, and the other some are very thin and when you try to retir it is broken. The advances and the target…

M548 A1 - EA (1)

The target

Regards

8 Likes

Nice, Omar.
Love those tracked cargo vehicles. Specially if it´s an argentine one!
I´ll be looking forward your buildt.
Saludos!

1 Like

Hello everyone
Raul I hope to meet your expectations, the advances, they will say it, hahaha
I have been working with the interiors of the vehicle, trying to do as much detail as possible, just like the real vehicle.
I show you the work I did, now I am wondering how to make the canvases both for the driver, as well as for the box, we’ll see …

The pics:

Regards, Omar

7 Likes

I like the colors in your target camo scheme. I can see by your build pics that you’re one of those nice clean assembly guys, mine look like a 5th grader got ahold of it. I’ll have to bookmark this build to refer to whenever I start my tractor. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cajun

1 Like

Wow very nice clean work! Hahaha Same Terry…

1 Like

Omar,
For the tarpaulins over cab and cargo bay, you might try thin silk fabric (ask all the females you know for old blouses and underwear) that will have sufficient stiffness to be cut and worked into shape after being soaked in water color (the stuff third graders use in art class) of an appropriate hue. Rear windows of the cab cover could be made from cellophane, installed with diluted white glue. The material could also be used over the engine covers, as on the prototype these are perforated corrugated sheet metal which the kit’s gratings don’t resemble by far. Between them, from the same stuff you might add the “window bag” that protects the windshield panes when the M548 is standing by while artillery uses up all the firecrackers the track has brought.

In AMPS “Boresight” of july 1996, I wrote an article about my M548. I’ll try and find the negatives and slides I made back then and show some of them here if I do.
Peter

1 Like

Cajun
The important is the hobby, and share ours jobs, hoho!!
Regards

Terry, I hope to continue in the that direction, Thanks

Peter
Peter, Please show your method, If you can. I use to make two metod, One is use paper tissue with vinylic glue, or lead paper.
Look the result:
The first method

The second

Regards

6 Likes

try thin silk fabric (ask all the females you know for old blouses and underwear)
. . . not knocking your sugesstion but step lightly when approaching this request. :policeman:

Cajun

4 Likes

Yeah, the thought had crossed my mind while posting, but I figured that learning by doing is always best …

1 Like

Omar,
I really don’t think you need any tips for making tarpaulins - your models look great! But anyhow, here’s how I do it with silk fabric:

I cut a piece of the approximate size and place it on smooth watertight material, like a slab of glass or similar. Wetting and at the same time coloring it with water colors makes it possible to straighten out the silk so it can be cut along the woven threads after drying - the paint will also hold it to the glass so it won’t move under the knife. Moistening it again will make it flexible as needed, and diluted white glue will even allow a seam with a working “tightening rope” inside.

Peter

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know that technic, the result really impact, I going to thing if I use my technic or yours, the next year, I thing to do only trucks, sure one will have yours method, I will looking some post and will see how is the step by step.
Thanks all by advices and the explains.
Regards, Omar

Yeah! I’ve seen your previous works and be sure you will not only fulfill my expectations but everyone else’s.

Keep the good work!

Saludos!

Thanks Raul, I hope cover your expectative.
Regards, Omar

Hi All, I show more advances with the M548A1, I was working with the tarpaulin of the cabin, I used the piece of the tarpaulin of the kit, cut some parts, And put the tarpaulin outside and inside of it. Show the step by step of all the process, I don´t finish still it… the pictures

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Hi All, more steps with the model, I choose one vehicle that has a sistem difrent, if you compare with one standard, at the first time I wasput the structure of the kit, and then I changed it by the real, the containers of the munition and the sistem that use to move them … The advances…:

The new target is this:

8146AD8A3

Regards, Omar

8 Likes

Omar, nice detailed progress.

2 Likes

Hi, a little advance more, the tarpaulin of the cargo box:

Regards, Omar

7 Likes

The tarpaulin looks incredible!
Congratulations, it’s a great job!
Saludos, Omar