M60/A1/A3 in IDF Service Reference Thread

Thanks for the comment mate. Feel free to point out any missing detail or whatever you notice. I do appreciate it.

The straps is something I would have never thought of, since we navy guys only use hand weapons for parades with the straps tight and fancy. :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

The general issue one is green and quiet wide. Me myself had a narrower, black sling that I purchased myself. In the regular army, you never ever attach it directly to the weapon but with parachute cords (usually green or black).

IDFSling

I love the the photo below, there are so many details in it. The small pocket you can see on the sling just above the charging handle is for earplugs. The rubber band on the stock is used to secure the magazine to the weapon when it isn’t in the rifle. You can actually see the tear and wear on the receiver caused by it.

7 Likes

I have the Academy IDF M60A1 Blazer in my stash and kind of like the dual .50 set up. However, I have never seen a picture of this set up. Is it fictional from Academy or has it excisted?
IMG_2641

It was displayed sometime in the nineties, I have one photo from the publication

Some really nice photos in that book, early Merkavas and other interesting vehicles

6 Likes

Built this kit ages ago, late 90’s if i remember correctly. I really liked the twin .50’s too! I have seen a couple of images with the twins mounted, but not many.

1 Like

Cool Nikos. Thank you!

1 Like

Looks like some kind of homemade mounting. Note the jerry cans being used as ammo cans, held in place with bailing wire.
Ken

2 Likes

You also notice that the cocking lever on the .50 cal on the left is bolted directly into the bolt carrier assembly, similar to the M1919.

Normally, the receiver is designed so that the retracting slide bracket could be bolted on either side of the receiver to enable either left-handed or right-handed bolt cocking. This looks like a field-expedient modification.

2 Likes