M60 "Slick" in 1/35. Another Frankentank project

Coming together nicely James.

2 Likes

It can be but not as fun as what I’m doing with the Tamiya turret. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve used an Academy turret, but like Gino said, there’s a lot of holes and slots to fill. A good thing about that kit is it includes the updated Urdan cupola, a very nice part. I actually built a Magach7 using the Academy turret and all the added armor packs with a Takom hull.
Mix and match!
James, I think I’m going to copy you but use a spare Takom turret. I have at least one…

2 Likes

I must get myself a Magach 7.Always liked the rugged look.of this beast of a tank.Might use the urdan cupola and make a mould for my other 2 Esci magach 6s.Am i right in saying that Academy did a Magach 7a or am.in the realms of fantasy.
Happy modelling guys.
Richard

1 Like

Another interesting project. If you need any kind of measurements from the DEF turret or the Dragon turret I can take some. You might want to add a 1mm layer of plastic on the hull turret ring, the ESCI hull turret ring is a bit low resulting in a low turret position. I have also backdated an esci hull here: M60/A1/A3 in IDF Service Reference Thread - #2 by gtdeath13

The AFV Club hull is probably the best option to backdate for a slick project since it offers all the early characteristics like the lift rings at the hull sides, telephone box at the rear fender etc.

Academy has indeed released a Magach 7C. The turret is pretty nice in that kit.

1 Like

Hi Nikos.
I think i was thinking of the Legends conversion for the Magach 7A.I thought that Academy did the A before the Magach 7c but i must have been mistaken.So the Magach 7c is based on a straight M60?.,Im guessing the 7a was the same turret?.I wish some manufacturer would do the Nakpadon and more IDF M113 variants.Maybe Afv club will oblige.

M60 slick in IDF Service: Magach 6 = original slick, Magach 6R = upgrade with ERA, Magach 6M = second upgrade with ERA and new FCS, Magach 7A and 7C = upgrades with armor modules instead of ERA

1 Like

So I STARTED sculpting using Magic Sculpt. It’s looking good SO FAR: Obviously, it needs MORE work.

Then fixed the inaccurate aluminum wheel centers by Tamiya with my 3D printed center cap:

Kind regards,
James

9 Likes

Shouldn’t that new hard edge also run from the back right corner forward to the TC cupola bulge?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s still work in progress.

1 Like

Would that printed center cap work with all those Academy wheels I have that use a poly cap for the hub? I have always thought that would be a good idea…

1 Like

Yup, they should fit, considering Academy copied Tamiya mold.

1 Like

Some more sculpting in progress. Happy with the work so far…

I need to let it dry. Add some more magic sculpt in certain spots, smooth it out, dry then let the sanding begin!

kind regards,
James

7 Likes

Looking good so far, James. Keep at it. :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t know if you have this link (you most likely do)…

TOADMAN’S TANK PICTURES M60A0 (toadmanstankpictures.com)

1 Like

Hi Reynier,
I have seen those photos before but did not save them to my computer. Thanks for the data!

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes

Anything I can do to help out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hate it when people (especially people who should know better) use terms like M60A0. There is no such thing as an M60A0, or an M anything A0.
The funny thing is, this made up term is only used for modern equipment. You don’t see anyone refer to the M4A0 Sherman, or M3A0 Lee, it’s just an M4 or M3, or M whatever. It’s only on modern vehicles and equipment that people feel the need to hang a fake “A0” designation on the end of it.
Ken

3 Likes

I didn’t name it “M60A0” I was just happy calling it just M60.

1 Like

I was actually calling out Toadman on this one, he should know better!
Ken

4 Likes