M84 MBT - Best base for build?

That’s the way that it usually works. :thinking: But the rest of us thank you for pleasing the modeling gods with your sacrifice.

5 Likes

Kuwaitis used them as well.

1 Like

I thought I saw on FB sometime in Feb.

I will have to finish my three models, as this kit is a game changer. I have built 3 turrets m84 ( first serie), m84 (third serie) and m84 ( fourth serie - m84a). All started with reshaped Tamiya turret

4 Likes

We can thank you for taking the first steps in getting AH to announce a M84.
Bravo Sir

4 Likes

i have 2 m-84 turrets ( resin) i got in a lot buy , i think there were made by sbs? i dont know if i have the fcs or wind sensor, if interested i can dig them up.

Kuwaiti M84 tanks during ODS.

http://dimitrijeostojic.com/blog/tag/m-84/
M84 and M84A are currently sporting three tone cammo in Serbian Armed forces, as could be seen form the link above. Some parts could be found in pale OD (former paint) like ammo boxes etc, that could further disrupt the cammo.

1 Like

Thats a great link!
Are the vehicles using NATO colors?

:rofl::rofl:
Serbia is not in NATO.

2 Likes

Not quite “NATO” 3-color, but…

Well, I didn’t ask if it is in nato just if they used NATO colors.
:poop:

Thanks, the green is brighter.

How could they use NATO colours and not be in NATO?!

Thats a good question, I’m not up on what military group Serbia belongs to and to me they looked like NATO colors.

By buying tons of Tamiya paints :wink:

I would say that using a Tamiya T-72M would be a good choice; however, I believe the front hull is innacurate, because the T-72M1 has the extra armor plate on top; a solution to that would be to replace the front with an SBS Model Early T-72M front hull.

Top hull on the kit.

SBS Model Kit

Then add all the other mods to the turret. Specially the Laser Rangefinder.

Or would the “Das Werke” T-72M be better?

I’m most likely wrong, and @HeavyArty will shortly come in and correct me.

Not I. I am not by any means an expert on Russian/Kuwaiti mush-up vehicles. Your idea sounds good to me.

Jason Issacs Jafar in Aladdin | face shapes 101

(I kid; I kid. :rofl: )

If you look at photos, like the ones posted above, some M84s are built with the added steel plate from the T72M1, like the Tamiya kit, others don’t have it, like the SBS set. So you can go either way, depending on what vehicle you are building.
Ken

1 Like