Mack DM800 Water Truck

I’m also exploring the possibilities with this Mission Models paint and I wanted to test the opacity. Test completed!

1 Like

I sprayed a 50/50 mix of white and the base yellow through the airbrush. Not particularly thinned, either, just normal.

1 Like

The cab has now been resprayed with white printer and Mission Models Tractor Yellow. A faded yellow was then spryed strategically to represent sun fading. Pale yellow scuffing was sponged around wear edges, and then dark brown chips hand painted inside the pale yellow scuffing. ![](upload://xLugkV8eJ0QHnebC9p8Ca3hjcF5.jpeg)
A fairly well-worn cab.

The wheels and chassis got the same treeatment. A black chisel-tip texta supplied the windscreen rubbers. ![](upload://5URtGM3R8ZfXf0jiqruYnt4Avlw.jpeg)
It is looking more and more like a truck!

I do need to work out something that looks like bonnet catches. I know CTM make exquisite ones, but my modelling budget does not extend that far!

1 Like

I can only see your images if I go into the Edit Post area, something strange going on with your uploads Graeme.

The build is looking amazing though, you have really nailed the weathered paint and chipping around the panel edges. I will drag and drop the images here to see how they look.

Ok, that seems to have worked. How are you uploading your images?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up Reg. I am copying and pasting HTML with links to my web host. I think this hppened before. I will try using the image icon here in the forum…

2 Likes

Let me know if they are visible, Reg.

1 Like

All good now mate. Love this build!