Macross - Destroid Defender 1/72

Nice street effect. Looks good :art:

1 Like

Hi ya, I thought I’d try to add a bit more flavour in the form of camo netting.

Now there are products available on the market, but I thought I’d do my own. I’m combining two methods that I have come across, one was using crepe bandage and the other is using mask templates.

I have base coloured the bandage using Vallejo acrylic colours and then I’m going to combine a hand made template using an airbrush + free hand to do the rest of the pattern.

Next posting, I’ll show the results.

Till then, thanks for watching! :vulcan_salute:t2:

2 Likes

Well, I’m not too displeased with the results, now can I apply it is the question?

Till the next update.

Thanks for watching! :vulcan_salute:t2:

3 Likes

Hi there all!

The idea for the camo was great, but the crepe bandage used was too heavy to apply, so I had to scrap that idea. Not a train smash, but we have to move on an not dwell on it, lesson learnt.

Well, the build is now officially completed and I put it into the build competition along with my mates from Horsham Modellers Club at the North Surrey Model Show in Banstead. Our first model show for the year. The club as a whole did very well, I managed a Silver in the Sci-Fi division and edged out by a Machinen-Krieger build.

Here is a nice pic of it in the window, I call it “overwatch”.

Here is an image of it with the Silver award.

I am happy with the final build and its performance against solid builds.

Thank you all for accompany me on this build journey. :vulcan_salute:t3:

My next build will be a Ducati 1199, till then, thanks again.

7 Likes

Great work, Gavin and a well deserved Silver! :clap: :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I finally set up the photo booth, here are some decent photos of the completed destroid in all its glory. I call this vignette “Overwatch”.

The beauty of this vignette is that it can be viewed from a BattleTech and a Robotech/Macross perspective if it weren’t for the UN Spacey decals.

Any I thoroughly enjoyed this build and support from you all!

Thanks again for watching!

9 Likes

Great build Gavin! Thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face:

Look forward to seeing what you do next… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Wow, if you got silver than the gold must have been the real thing. Fantastic work Gavin… seriously!

1 Like