Mad Max kits

Just a general question, has or does anybody make/sell Mad Max vehicles or figures? Always thought there would be a market for those crazy vehicles. Wayne

4 Likes

Aoshima has a 1/24 The Road Warrior MadMax Interceptor kit. You can find them on eBay often.

6 Likes

Definitely. Just type-in a quick google search and a ton of super-charged iron and post-apocalyptic figures will appear before your very eyes. And with the newer Mad Max: Fury Road and the newest film, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga movie titles you’re talking endless mad-crazy kit-bashing opportunities. :articulated_lorry::bomb::boom::boom: :firecracker::boom::pickup_truck::truck:

—mike :firecracker:

PS: If not already in the works, I think “you guys” should do a Mad Max Campaign! :tophat::japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

3D printed seen at IPMS USA Nationals last year:

9 Likes

Yes

Figures:
https://www.mbltd.info/figures/1-24-scale/spaceport.html
https://www.mbltd.info/figures/1-35-scale/desert-battle.html
https://www.mbltd.info/figures/1-35-scale/zombies.html

4 Likes

I believe that kit has had more than one iteration, with a more recent version having had an upgrade. This thread may help you:
Mad Max Interceptor Aoshima | Modelers Social Club Forum (proboards.com)
If you like the Post-Apoc stuff, it’s easier to build “inspired by” Mad Max stuff rather than trying to duplicate the actual vehicles. There was a good site for those who wanted replicate movie vehicles but it hadn’t been updated in years and now seems to have vanished…
MadMaxModels.com
I actually have this tucked away with a mind to a Post-Apoc build: it’s the right time frame, it was sold in Australia, and the steering wheel is on the proper side.
LB Works Kenmeri 2Dr (Model Car) - HobbySearch Model Car Kit Store (1999.co.jp)
It’s worth noting there have been several upgrades to this kit since, which will give you more build options and yield you even more left-over spares for future builds.

Regards,

M

2 Likes

So, the story that I heard, and I do not know how true it is goes like this. The reason that there are little to no kits from the Mad Max universe is that the rights to the movies an all associated merchandise have been lost. Nobody is sure who has possession of the and due to this the kit makers are scarred to make kits for fear that the new owner will turn up and demand money. Not sure if this is true of a myth or if what I just said makes any since.

2 Likes

They should just have the Chinese do them.

4 Likes

yep, they have never had any issue is disregarding the little thing called copy right laws.

3 Likes

Kinda feel like every car and truck kit ever made is a Mad Max model waiting to happen. Just dump the parts out on the table, grab a hack saw, and go!

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I can’t see that happening - there is a tendency for any successful IP to be legally disputed, but the rights always reside somewhere. Kit manufacturers have ignored the franchise but there is a plethora of diecasts (in a variety of scales), action figures and the like. Similarly, the number of “not FAST, just FECKLESS” vehicles available from similar sources as toys/collectables far exceeds those which have been/are available as kits and may be more accurate; c.f. AMT’s kit of the Monte Carlo from “Tokyo Drift”.

Regards,

M

Now I could be very wrong, and I think I heard that story on the On the Bench Podcast. I think the paperwork is sitting in a box in somebody’s attic just waiting to be rediscovered.

I agree. Model book:
https://ak-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AK258_web.jpg

4 Likes

Also useful:
71phEiPtYuL._SY466_1

Cheers,

M

6 Likes

One has to ask if they are looking specifically for Max Max kits or Post-Apocalyptic cars and kits.

If Mad Max, the selection choice is narrow.

If Post-Apocalyptic kits and vehicles, then there are more choices.

Look under Revell’s “Blacktop Warriors” for four Post-Apocalyptic vehicle kits in 1/25 scale. ETSY also sells Post-Apocalyptic vehicle kits in 3-D resin prints.

Revell-Black-Top-Warriors-Collection-125-Scale-Models

6 Likes

If I were going to choose Revell as the basis for a Zombie Apocalypse truck, it would be this:

You’ve got to have room for ammo, fuel, water, and most of all several highly armed post apocalyse babes to help repopulate the planet. And it has to has enough mass to crash through barriers.

7 Likes

And it’s in 1:32nd scale, so you can recruit aforementioned babes from amongst the MasterBox ranks. However, for sheer brutality there’s this:

But if you absolutely, positively, have to stick with 1:24th scale, this will get you wherever you need to be:

Regards,

M

6 Likes

Both fine choices, but not easy to obtain 1:1 in the states.

2 Likes

Why not? Here’s something I made a while back:

O.K., it’s a P.O.S. I’ll try to do better next time…

Cheers,

M

4 Likes

No shortage of selections for Post-Apocalyptic vehicles on ETSY. Most of them are wargaming pieces with solid cast windows, but some have open interiors.

I am not affiliated with any ETSY seller. Do pay particular attention to the scale and size before you buy so as not to buy something too small for your liking.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=post-apocalyptic%20vehicle&ref=search_bar

5 Likes