Made in Ukraine

Great shout for a campaign @phil2015. I’ve got a few builds to clear before committing 100%, but have Miniart’s Malta scheme Valentine in the stash as well as the Australian M3 Lee with interior. Also have ICM’s Tiger Moth as well.

Not sure I could face adding aftermarket onto a Miniart with interior kit though. Will still be building it in 2025!

3 Likes

Two days still to the Euro Model Expo, Jacob, let’s see what I’m walking away with… :wink: :upside_down_face:
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Quick Tip: If you end up doing the Malta Scheme - Make sure you paint a yellow rectangle under where the ‘Adonis’ decal goes. That decal is very transparent.

Also, watch the alignment of the road wheels, they are quite a sloppy fit.

4 Likes

Mind if I ask how you painted the wood block? That’s the look I am going for, on my archer it’s way to dark so I plan to strip the oils off and start over

I paint the wood a sand colour first. When it is dry, I wet it with water from a moistened brush. Then I thin a Vallejo dark brown with water so it is almost a thin wash and using a fine brush, draw strokes for grain. The moistened part allows the paint to flare slightly and you can blend or clean up too much using the wet brush to wipe some away.

I add a little sand colour to that to lighten it and do the same. Because it is so thin, one colour barely changes what is underneath and as the paint and water separate a little after a bit, or you wipe some away, you get multiple shades from just the two you start with for grain. Lastly I thin Vallejo Saddle Brown and use it as a filmy wash (Filter for you young’ns) to blend all the colours together and subtly change the overall tone of the base sand colour.

Vary the base colour toward beige or Khaki and you get a very different result which replicates other wood types.

6 Likes

I am in for this one. Not sure what I have in the stash, But otherwise I will buy something direct from Ukraine.

These arrived the other day so I think a small dio may be in order.

I also have these in the stash

2 Likes

Remember that BENZIN must be here! :grin:

1 Like

Are you guys getting anything out of the Ukraine? I have several orders as old as early February that seemed to be stalled. Possibly being invaded by a hostile power might have sumthin to do with it . . .

1 Like

I think it definitely has to do with the war … :rage:

1 Like

In fact I was afraid that the Russian invasion will have an adverse effect on shipments out of Ukraine, so decided to wait with orders from there

Yes, I ordered some Mi-24 Hind gunship decals from Ukraine off of eBay a bit over a week ago. Nothing expensive, so if they don’t get through, I’m not out a big cost. Some of my purchases from Asia last year were quite delayed, but there was all the pandemic related delays to blame there.

I have some items ordered before the invasion on Ebay from the Ukraine that were listed as shipped but no tracking is available. One item dates back to Feb. 8th.

I have some other items ordered from Russia that were also listed as shipped but seem to be stalled in the mail in the Moscow post office. Has the post to the west been stopped?

Paul

air transportation has been blocked, certainly in Europe, so iguess it might havr to travel the long road via China and then on to the USA.

I’ll be in with this….

5 Likes

A model from the company’s beginnings :+1:

Yes, I purchased and built their Yak-7 when those were first imported and sold here in the US. Dirt cheap compared to most other 1/48 aircraft kits of the type at the time and fun little builds. I’ve been looking for an excuse to build this one.

1 Like

And that is a valid concept! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Here’s what I’m in with.

@phil2015 we start today yeah?

1 Like

Here is the start of the Monitor project. This is a limited run kit with no locating pins and only approximate parts fit. Everything needs to be hand fitted, much sanding & trial fitting needed with this one.

The pilot house has the sloped sides added after the famous battle with the C.S.S. Virgina. Also, the top of the turret has some sort of grating, not the armored roof I had expected. Which would be correct?

Paul

5 Likes