Magazines. The paper type

Of course good old Military Modeler. I subscribed throughout my early teens in the 80s. My only claim to fame was once getting an article of a dio build in there. Bought up several extra copies from a bookstore to have enough to make a magazine frame board to show cover and front page of article.

I recently subscribed to Dioramag, which is actually very good.

2 Likes

Yup I still have a few laying around I think

1 Like

I don’t get magazines anymore. But like some of you, I used to get Military Modeler. I had a subscription until they quit printing it. I was always excited to see it in the mailbox. I still have several issues that I am going to see if I can sell or trade or something. I kept all of them but don’t go back and use them like I thought I would.

Randy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have health issues that see me wasting time sitting around. Reading is a distraction. I love the tablet and downloads. But there is something about flipping pages and dogearing the good stuff.

Dioramag is good but not sure it’s worth the money.

bruce

1 Like

After the umpteenth build article which started by stating that a number of corrections were made, gave a very brief description of the corrections (basically naming them) and then went straight to a lengthy in detail description of the painting and weathering I simply gave up.

I realise that this type of build article interests many but it is nothing for me so I’ll spend my cash adding to the stash instead :wink:

1 Like

Robin the same can be said for YouTube reviews. My recent bulldozer build was influenced by a YouTube review/build. My build turned out to be way easier than I had anticipated and much easier than the YouTube would have had me believe. But paper or web it’s all fuel for the imagination. Always something to learn. And if you ever stop learning then you are in big trouble.

I come from 50+ years as a model railroader. I have/had hundreds of model rail magazines. My biggest collection was recently released as a CD. Bingo. 30+ years of magazines now on my tablet. A freind now has a huge pile of magazines to deal with. So does his wife!!

bruce

1 Like

That would be cool if they released the old Military Modeler magazine that way.

Randy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Harv the mag I’m talking about released a 50 year collection on a DVD. Fully indexed. (Model railroad magazine). 6 mags a year x 50. Plus a collection of plans and data etc etc.
A number of magazines are now available to download. One tablet is way better than a room full of magazines!

bruce

1 Like