Magic Factory M2A4 IFV Bradley

2 Likes

I like the little deetail that you can glue the rear section of armored skirt in the up position, which is what a lot of vehicles are shown with. Trying to do this with previous renditions of the M2A2, would require cutting and repositioning the rear section of armored skirt.

Also, the kit shows a more detailed suspension system, than with the Tamiya/Academy kits (which to be fair, are decades old).

I’m sold on this kit. Ill be buying i as soon as AHHQ gets it in stock. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far this has been a real joy to put together.I’ve had absolutely zero issues building it.Detail of the anti-slip seems detailed enough for me and really like how its turning out so far.

2 Likes

It looks really nice overall. My M2A2 ODS-SA should be here today. I can’t wait.

In the above preview, I see some interesting things.

Some parts on the sprues hint at more versions to come (hopefully). On the below O sprue, there are the extended rear light guards and a cable reel holder as seen on the M7 BFIST (red circles). There are also two parts that are used to raise the ramp on the inside (green circles). Additionally, all the hatches are fully detailed on the inside (including handles and opening mechanisms), and the turret front wall in front of the BC has interior details as well. Maybe these are a hints at a future version with an interior. We’ll see, fingers crossed.

Rear ramp raising/lowering parts shown being added in instructions.

It also has two different sprues for the M2A3 and M2A4 hull parts.

All the M2A3-specific parts for the hull are on sprue A.

All the M2A4-specific parts for the hull are on the B sprue.

3 Likes

Its been a while since i’ve given an update on my Bradley so…

8 Likes

Looking great

Are the PE lower side panels aftermarket? The M2A2 ODS-SA doesn’t have them, it has plastic ones.

1 Like

Yes after market ETMODELS

2 Likes

Is everything in this kit to make a US M2A2

1 Like

Good Morning.

Nice built! I ordered both kits btw.
Just a question about the rear ramp. The rear door is with the firing port and the ramp firing port is closed, I marked it in the pic.

So, it’s a mistake from magic factory or did you mix it up?
I guess you can build different versions like the Cavalry Bradley or BFIST?

Andreas

1 Like

I will have to look at it again.

1 Like

Not in the M2A4 IFV 3-in-1 kit. You want the M2A2 ODS-SA Ukraine kit to backdate into a US M2A2. It has all the parts to do so, minus T157I tracks and sprockets.

See here:

Good catch. Yes, it looks like you may have used the A sprue parts for the rear ramp, which is for the M2A3.

EDIT - You are still OK. This M2A4 still has the port on the door and plate on the ramp.

3 Likes

After looking at the instructions this is what it tells you to do, 1 open 1 closed.

2 Likes

Fixed my front lights!had them reversed.

2 Likes

Imagine the A4 Bradley in the new 2 tone green scheme used on the SEP v.3 Abrams

I haven’t seen any M2A4’s in the new 2-tone green. That scheme doesn’t really do anything for me anyways. I prefer NATO camo or sand.

1 Like

Is the A4 in service?

Pardon my ignorance, but whats the difference between A3 and A4 Bradley?

1 Like

Im not sure but i think its all internal to bring the A4 back to a performance levels the first production M2 Bradoley had Gino may be able to answer that better

The A4 version of the Bradley has been pretty widely fielded by now. Most changes are internal to the engine and suspension. There are a few external differences, outlined in the below post.

1 Like

Gino, thanks for the clarification.
But why? Okay, I won’t ask about the deeper meaning.

1 Like