Me 109 - yes, an aircraft, in 1/35 scale. No, it’s not April Fools Day

Length 8.94 meters which comes to 25.5 cm (10 inches)
Wingspan 9.92 meters, 28.3 cm (11.1 inches)

It will look huge next to this Mercedes:

You might represent the target audience Border aims for.

I might consider one of these as well. I have stayed away from aircraft mostly because I had started with 1/35 and doing something with aircraft and ships i 1/72 gets too big very fast

Not so bad if you do something like this:

3 Likes

…or this

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to do one of these: Engines of the Western Allies in WW2

I love this but I hope Border has done their research. You think we’re bad rivet counters - just wait and see when the Bf-109 Experten get their hands on it :laughing:

1 Like

Agreed, The 109 Luftwaffe Experten will be complaining it doesn’t smell like an airplane that’s using synthetic gas made from coal :slight_smile:

A long, long time ago…

A 1/35th scale Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero from Nichimo

along with a Kawanishi N1K2-J “George”

H.P.

1 Like

I’ve not much interest in an Me 109 but feel that there is a gap for a few more helicopter models. I know we are quite well served with Hueys, and I think a Kiowa, and of course Trumpeter have their Chinook, Hind, Hound and Hip kits, but I’d love to see say, a Westland Scout, and perhaps a Lynx; perhaps even a Puma and Wessex wouldn’t go adrift either.

Just a thought.

Large Scale Planes members were definitely NOT impressed!
:smiley:

Interesting…and was that a dead-end?

One thing as an armor builder that I have noticed about aircraft kits are that they tend to have fewer parts, older molds and less detail. We as armor build are always clamoring for more and better. I am now starting to see this with aircraft. Meng is comming out with a 1/48th F18 E that looks great. Zukei Mura has some awsome kits (but expensive) The 1/48th F4 kit has close to 500 parts. Now Border is comming out with the 109 and a Stuka, thats great news for aircraft modelers. Maybe the wingy thing builders will get a 1000 piece kit with full everything.

And, it’s other purpose is to give all those Allied flak guns out there something to flak at!

1 Like

Make for a nice Bodenplatte diorama. A shot down 109 and a M16 MGMC on a snowy field.

1 Like

Not to subvert this thread… a 1/35 Gazelle would be very welcome. Gulf War I anyone?

1 Like

Damn - I’d overlooked that one - of course - not too huge in 1:35 either.

I would like to see more aircraft in this scale.

Master box planned a 1/35 ju52 but then dithered between 1/35 &1/32 and then scrapped it completely. Their Horsa glider did get made by Bronco though.

How about C-47 glider tug in this scale?

Wouldn’t that be a bit special ?

A nice selection of allied and axis fighters and bombers and some more early helicopters please.

Oh, and a Seaking as well.

Regards jason

There are countess Me-109’s, and Stuka’s already available; and many better ones in 1/32. Not exactly “great news for aircraft modelers”.

But, wait, what’s this…

1 Like