MENG 1/35 BMPT Terminator

Tomorrow is a long time away Rob… I’m waiting here with baited breath !!!:+1:

1 Like

This is looking very promising Rob. Really excellent job and I’m looking forward to seeing that camo all un-masked.

1 Like

Hi Rob,

You have a really great model on the workbench. I am waiting to see it after you finish the base camo pattern and remove the masks. Great job!

Tamás

thanks all for the encouragement… and she is uncovered… sadly pleased with how this turned out (photos are a little browner than the actual thing) - only 1 part needs to be touched up and that is a small part where the paint lifted off the PE grill. Next up I will do the red/white markings on the side skirt (a la Matilda).

5 Likes

That Sir is … Nailed. Great job, it’s a very nice approach to doing something a little different…and the wait to see it was definitely worth it :+1::+1:

1 Like

thanks Johnny… using the Tamiya tape vs vinyl sheet did really help and 5mm squares isn’t too big… I also quite like having the 2mm ones to break it up a bit more - in fact next time (if there ever is one) I might do more of the 2mm ones and be more random over where they are located (next 5 builds I have lined up are all plain or 2 colour max ;-))

1 Like

I think after a digital cam job you should have a mandatory 5 kits with normal paint schemes to get your sanity and nerves back lol

1 Like

I think you are right about that Johnny :smile:!

Love the way it has turned out Rob. The smaller patches add a nice individual touch- they just look right on it.

(If you were considering doing something with smaller patches it might be worth it to look at some Indian army schemes- they had some tanks that used thin horizontal stripes.)

2 Likes

Not a big fan of the all brown/tan scheme but nevertheless a fine build and a great job on the masking/camo. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

the photos are actually too brown… I will take some more natural light photos tomorrow

It came excellent. Great job on a difficult scheme to pull off.

Rich

1 Like

Looks good and it’s original for sure.

Olivier

1 Like

Hi Rob,

The camo looks really great and I am happy that the advice I gave about the Tamiya tape was helpful. Needless to say all the kudos are yours as you did the work so nicely!

If I may give you another tip: the wheels are probably the lightest color (at least this comes to me from the photos) and if so AND you can still remove the sideskirts, you might want to consider painting the wheels to the main color (again: if not that color already) OR even paint some of them the main color, others a different one from the camo. Maybe a darker one. That would be more realistic, IMHO.

But again: the paint job did is really great! I am looking for the details being painted and then filtering-washing and weathering (if any is planned).

Tamás

1 Like

and now she has British markings (need to gloss up so I can add the “Phantom” name… totally what if but think it has that look and suits the scheme

4 Likes

That looks great! The paint work is spectacular!

thanks, I have to admit I am very pleased with how this is progressing - my first time masking & spraying markings (even tho just white square and a red stripe) - just a small amount of tidying up needed

1 Like

Looks very very fetching… Well done :+1:

fiddly bits done… missed a sub-assembly that need painting and some weathering…

6 Likes

Real cracking job on that Rob. Even though it’s a modern in use bit of kit, giving it that cam scheme makes it look very futuristic … Nice work :+1:

1 Like

Mean looking beast- excellent job !

1 Like