MENG 1/35 BMPT Terminator

Wow, you did a fantastic job! It looks even more cool now with the mine-plough device on the front.

Congrats!

Tamás

1 Like

hmmmmmm not sure now, tried some weathering - filter and dusting - but think I have gone too far. oh well, will live & learn

4 Likes

I don’t think you’ve gone over the top, but that’s just me. Looks good :+1:

If you were going for a vehicle in use then I thin it’s ok. If you were going for a parade or demo vehicle then it may be a bit over done. Overall however I think it looks great and I like the addition of the red and white stripe for a splash of color. :+1: :+1:

I think it looks fine yeah. Maybe a pin wash on all those small details to make them pop out from that great camo pattern. Love it

Rich

Hi Rob,

I fully agree all three fellow modelers’ comments: you did not overdo the weathering if it is a vehicle on the field (and not on a “Moscow Red Square” kind parade). It is actually quite subtle or middle worn weathering - I do like it…

And yes, it is true that some pinwash could have help to show many tiny details (it is too late now to apply) but it is also to one’s taste. You can simply leave it like it is - it is your model, your approach.

If I would want to challenge you, than probably the tracks could be a bit more rusty and sandy/muddy. They seem to be too uniform dark grey for me (at least as I see on your photos).

An interesting point: the rocket launchers’ closing red cap looks shiny and semi transparent. Is it your idea or should have been flat red instead? Just asking, this current version looks fine on the vehicle.

All in all, I think you did a great job and got a very interesting result. All of my congrats!!!

Tamás

i need to address the tracks and wheels, thats next… and the missile covers, yeah not 100% happy so may look to repaint BUT need to do an overall matt coat at some point

I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong with the weathering Rob. It looks used in the field but not overly so. But as you said- you live and learn from things. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been unhappy with weathering in some way or other. I think, as Rich and Tamas said, perhaps a very restrained pin wash might make some details pop a bit more- particularly on the skirt sides. But its your model so go with how you feel is best.

1 Like