Mercedes Wolf Revell/Black Dog/DEF Model

I decided to build this “baby” - Mercedes Wolf. I’ll do the Black Dog conversion and DEF Model wheels. I have a dilemma - I am interested in a special forces vehicle (KSK) and at the same time the conversion is to a Bundeswehr vehicle.

2 Likes

I am looking for photos of a vehicle in this camouflage. Anyone have?NATO_Car_300309

1 Like

Two evenings and one afternoon …

5 Likes

The construction of a small Mercedes continues

6 Likes

The handles are attached incorrectly. The lock belongs to the back.

2 Likes

ok - I will change to the correct position

2 Likes

I consider my attempt to paint this camouflage successful. PS- I could not tear off the handles and stick correctly (CA Glue). My mistake

9 Likes

80% ready

11 Likes

Another fine piece of work there Maki!

1 Like

That’s one bad little motor scooter ! Great job

1 Like

Hi Makiwawa, pics of the KSK Wolf are VERY rare. I found two pics in “Special Forces - War on terrorism in Afghanistan” by Eric Micheletti published by Histoire & Collections. What I saw that KSK used long wheelbase Wolf. They also borrowed HMMWV from the US. Currently KSK uses the Aufklärungs-und Gefechtsfahrzeug AGF Serval.

But building this one requires a lot of unobstructed pics, which are hard to get.

2 Likes

Perhaps the last photo is a long wheel base Wolf, I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Hi Bill

I guess the one in the last picture is in fact a French SF (Commando Marine) long-wheelbase VLRA. Here’s another view of a similar vehicle :

H.P.

2 Likes

Pic 1 and 2 are Peugeot P4 right?

1 Like

I guess so…(the VPS has different wheels)

H.P.

1 Like

Frenchy
Good to know, it was in amongst a bunch of Wolf pictures so I will re catalogue,good to have another view of one of my favorite vehicles.
Many thanks

1 Like

What about these H.H. ?

H.P.

3 Likes

Frenchy
Do you think the drilled plate which you struggled to find pre-made (PE) by anyone (for those Dutch rear storage bins) could be made with 3D printers? At least one could define the spacing, the size of holes and thickness etc. I realize that the original photos by Maki show the bins to be made of a wire type HESCO mesh, but these have the drilled plate.
I understand that there are thickness limitations for printing 3d so thi s might not be possible?

New rack
Rear

2 Likes

I don’t know Bill…I’m not sure that 3D-printed stuff could compete with PE thinness. But I don’t want to highjack Piotr’s thread !

H.P.

Hi H.P. yes thats the few available pics of the KSK Wolf. :grinning: :grinning: