Merry Christmas to all . . . . .

Merry Christmas to all . . . . .

Artwork done many years ago by my dear departed friend and mentor Mr. Hank Chapman. ~ All Rights Reserved by his estate.

Well finally, it seems whatever was blocking my image uploads over the holidays has seemingly corrected itself. (I changed NOTHING at my end!)

For awhile I thought I would have to return to Third Party Hosting ! Oh, for Joy!

1 Like

NYC Transit

London Tube

MOLOTOW promotional commission

Test upload of a much older jpeg to see if the problem is in my image software:

Wheer is spinning but no image appears . . .

Am I in some sort fo Armorama jail? Don’t know that I have done anything worthy of that (recently.)

It appears kosprueone is attempting to up load images as well but I don’t see anything on his posts???

Well, a few days later things started working again.

I posted links to the images. I didn’t upload any images here. I did upload images here: https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/my-rolling-stock-your-rolling-stock-show-and-tell-thread/2095

Image upload test…

Micro-Trains Line made an N scale gondola with ‘graffiti’ originally on a NYC Transit car.
Image link: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GeUoqt1lLXY/STxVGtrbLlI/AAAAAAAAElY/j2YwwwWK1Bs/s1600/happyholidaygraff.jpg

1 Like

I am bumping this one up here again just to once more share the great Christmas card artwork done by my dear departed friend, mentor, artist, collector and modeler; Hank (Henry) Chapman.

Thanks All.

p.s. Add to that USAF Veteran, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Weight Lifter and Judo Black Belt. ~ RIP

ea492f5bab43c9ec1b5a316c887ab6dd552a3151_2_690x472

Hank it is hard to imagine a world without your whit, humor, creativity and friendship in it.
You are indeed missed!

Also another piece of artwork Hank did originally for an LST 687 Veteran’s reunion and then used again later (by me) for a visitor’s promotional flyer covering the historic LST Building at the Patton Museum; Ft. Knox, Kentucky.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I like his illustration style

1 Like

Someone just asked me about recreating this Christmas scene as a diorama . . .

I assume we are talking in 1/35th scale here as the fellow said he already had the figure shoveling the coal. (But scale does’t really matter here.)

If 1/35th then my first suggestion would be to contact Jon Warneki at Commander Models to see if he might have a spare cab molding from his S-160 locomotive to sell you.

In the other popular model railroad scales it should not be too hard to find a derelict plastic locomotive that you could possibly abscond with an appropriate cab.

If you feel like walking a little bit on the "wild side"; you might consider a foray into scratch building the cab! This would be a great starter project with possibilities for advancement into more complex projects in the future.
Myself I would draw up the cab roof and both sides as one large continuous piece onto either thin sheet plastic or a sheet of heavy white card paper. (Business Card Stock that you can buy by the sheet at any Kinko’s or Office Depot from their printing department,)
Then you would need to cut a seperate front and back wall plus door opening.
Frame the entire thing up using balsa wood sticks or Evergreen plastic angle on the insides.
As to the many rivets seen in the cab: I have sometimes used the needle point out of an old grade school drawing compass to emboss rivets into a model while working from the inside out while it is still a large flat sheet. It is a less than perfect solution but with patience you can still produce a rewarding model.

Below is a tender oil tank insert that I did in thin styrene sheet using this needle method. It is certainly less than prefect but seen in weathered black livery running around my layout I am very satisfied. ~
Where there is a Will there is a Way!

It pays to blunt the tip of the needle just a bit or you will be punching holes rather than rivets.

2 Likes