Micro Machines Campaign

I was just looking for a good reason to build some of this 1/7X armor I’ve accumulated over the last few years. Turns out the Dragon M1 Abrams I found is too far along and has issues: missing treads and broken wheels. :unamused: I think I’ll stick with the Sherman Firefly, it could be my first finished Sherman in any scale. I might use this build to finish off an old 1/76 Airfix Sherman that needs a lot of love and maybe even a broken up M3 Halftrack. :persevere: :wave:

3 Likes

Here’s my starter post.

UM T31 Demolition tank.

Built on an M4A3 chassis, it was intended as an assault/breaching tank for penetrating fortifications, one prototype was constructed prior to the end of the war.

Armed with two 7.2cm rocket launchers each with 5 rounds in a revolver type magazine and a 105mm howitzer and half of a heavy weapons platoon worth of .30 and .50 cal MGs.

I’ve never heard of UM before but my first impressions are good. The kit comes with two sprues, some resin castings for the turret, some PE and metal barrels for the 105 and I assume the rockets.

I don’t really know what to expect from this scale, but the styrene bits look reasonably well sculpted. I don’t see a lot of flash either. Some of the sprue gates are a little chunky, but I have faith.

Naturally @Panzer_modeler picked a start time when I’ll be at work for the next two weeks, but no matter.

2 Likes

Sick looking kit @Canmedic !
Looks really nice for 1/72. Especially the metal barrels.

Naturally @Panzer_modeler picked a start time when I’ll be at work for the next two weeks

Just here to help!

Soooo here are my start pics… I hear you thinkng ooh Ezras just gonna build another boring Canadian tank But thats where your wrong!

Wanting a challenge I printed a R-35 and Ft-17 in 1/100 for this campaign!

And for size comparison here they are attacking a 1/35 T-34…

Now on to the camo… wanting a challenge the Ft-17 will have this spicy color scheme.

and the R-35 with hand painted markings.

More soon!

5 Likes

Very cool, Ezra! Get out the sharp pointed brush for that FT-17 camo! Those black lines will be very thin.

Looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey Ezra, you should figure out how to move this bad boy into the active area.

Hi mates,
happy to be part of another campaign, so it’s vehicles this time for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Think I have something suitable in my stash:

Seasons greetings to all and happy glueing and painting!
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:

6 Likes

Campaign has been made active just now.

3 Likes

Excellent! Now to go stash hunting :slightly_smiling_face:

@Panzer_modeler

You’re lucky that contrary to many of my other components, my eyes still kind of work. How the hell do some of you do this as your chosen scale?

I have debris on my bench bigger than some of the actual parts in this kit!

It’s starting to look like a tank though!

6 Likes

Excellent progress Don it looks like an E8 now!

Looking great Don!

Well… I went from 0-100 and in 3 days finished a 1/100 Pz.i A that I printed.

All colors were AMMO and the chipping was made using hairspray. I used AM decals for it.

Overall Im really happy with the result considering the size! (Its actually smaller then my 1/144 stuG iii I did a few weeks ago.)

What next… :thinking:

6 Likes

Oh man, I’m really impressed with the detail you’ve packed into these things Ezra!

I think logically the next up should be a Pz.II no?

1 Like

Mmm this is true… lemme see if I can get some renders

That’s really nice Ezra, great paint finish on it.

1 Like

It is sooo cuute… Well done Ezra

1 Like

Wow, great work, Ezra. Chipping in this scale is very impressive!

2 Likes

This build is really up my street, as my meagre model skills, scant work space and non existent hobby time, made me choose 1/72 scale only to work with. To limit myself even more I had decided upon WW2 as my time frame, and that directed me to build a small stash of WW2 1/72 kits. I’ll join this build later on, after complete some builds. Havn’t decided on which kit to build yet, but when the time will come there will be no shortage of kits to choose from.

This little qad by PSC in 1/72 scale was my first ever model of an armour, and was the first kit I built since had taken up on the hobby

6 Likes

Got some work done on Project Pain Train tonight. It’s starting to grow on me. Sadly this means I’m now enjoying it and am having impure thoughts.

Because this is a safe space, I have no shame in saying these thoughts revolve around… ships.

Specifically, I’ve gotten it into my head that this thing should be coming off an LCT. I refuse to believe that if the T-31 had ever become operational that it would have been capable of wading ashore like a standard Sherman. It just looks impossibly top heavy.

Any of you plastic perfectionists know of a 1/72 LCT or equivalent vessel that would work in the PTO c. 1945? If not I might go full AMS and try and scratch something that resembles just the bow and a ramp.

3 Likes

LCT 6?

Yep, looks like that’ll do…

Now to find one.

Edit: And at $200 with some mediocre reviews, this will not be happening. Thanks for the thought though Peter.

1 Like