Micro Machines Campaign

Thanks Matthew.

1 Like

My pleasure!

1 Like

I was having a quick look myself, but was out shopping so not the easiest thing to sort out on my phone and pushing a cart around the supermarket!
A huge help.

Now, to have a look and decide what to build.

Hey guys Im really sorry about not adding the poll, Ive had the stomach flu and Ive been outta commission these past two days.

Thanks Matt for taking care of it!

1 Like

Get yourself better mate.
Think everything’s all ok for the campaign to start now.

Thanks Stephen. :grin:

@Canmedic Been playing around with my new toy…
1/100 mid production Sextons!
The only extra thing I did was add some cast texture.

My printer worked about as good as I hoped!

Heres a comparison with a PLA (?) printed one I bought online. You can see how cleanly mine was printed as well as the slight size difference. (The PLA one is overscale)

I’d say the details pretty much on par with the Zvezda 1/100 kits.

4 Likes

Those have turned out really nice. Much better than the one you bought.
3D printing is getting really good, but quality does vary between the printers.
I’ve taken a couple of gambles in the past buying printed models and the quality has been mixed.
A couple of years ago I bought a couple of 1:1 replicas of the blasters from Blade Runner, and the quality was world’s apart. As was the difference in cost.
Deckard’s blaster from the original movie was easily the superior. Flawless print in multi colour (even had the Steyr logo on the receiver and magazine housing) and working features. I imagine it was printed in separate parts and assembled by the seller. Your prints are certainly to the same quality.
Unfortunately, the other, K’s blaster from 2049 was the cheapest and it showed. Really rough and came in two halves in white plastic. Still haven’t sorted it out to a standard I’m happy to display. The lesson I learned was don’t buy cheap 3D prints.

Anyway, had a quick look in the stash and narrowed my choices down to these 3.

I think the Humber and 7TP will be quick weekend builds.

I also carefully opened up my my Panzer III. Good news, the tracks are still good!

4 Likes

That is great news.

Next question. Have the brush bristles gone grey yet? :rofl:

1 Like

Not yet! You can’t beat these good old sable brushes.
And full size tins of enamel too. No little pots of acrylic. Although to be fair, those little pots of Revell acrylics are really nice paints and very handy to have on the workbench. Humbrol’s, not so good.

1 Like

OK, if a 7,5cm gun qualifies, would a 3,7cm like this be OK?

I’ve got some flavor of this one in the stash. :wave:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it have to be mounted on something that moved under its own power, say a Dodge Weapons Carrier?

Cheers,

M

Build rules say ‘You can build anything from artillery to just general armor, vehicles and guns!’

So I’m good with any artillery, anti-tank, a-a, SAM’s etc. Fixed, towed, emplaced, self-propelled, anything goes as long as it’s in the scale range.

2 Likes

My Bad, I got confused with the “Tank Destroyers 2” campaign!
Sorry, Senility’s a b!tch…
I was probably thinking of a 1:72nd W55 that I might use for that I rediscovered a few weeks ago, but I’ve mislaid it again.
:frowning_face:
Regards,

M

1 Like

No worries,
It can be tricky to keep track on what campaign is doing what.
I think this is pretty loose as long as it’s small scale.

That would be a cool one to see if it turns up!
Have had that happen to me on more than one occasion. A few weeks ago I found and then lost again an old Academy AFV equipment set I needed something from!

1 Like

I did fix it, but the people who have responded to the poll (now gone) would need to respond to the ‘event’ to have then listed as ‘going’, etc. It’s not a poll obviously but an event that does this feature.

2 Likes

You’re good people.

1 Like

Alas, I have but one 1/72 kit In my stash that isn’t a ship, but I fear that too maybe slightly beyond the scope of this exercise.

s-l640

5 Likes

Ahh… Dora the Exploder…

Build it, you know you want to…

1 Like

Awesome, I am in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hell na! Its 1/72 scale so you get a pass building it. :rofl: