MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

How are you making out with my stuff bud??

All is going well. I’m working on about 6 projects at the same time so a little here, a little there until everythings done. One of the upsides and big downsides of having ADD. I can focus on everything and absolutely nothing at the same time all while listening to music and watching a YouTube video about cleaning roofs.

1 Like

Great work on the butt stock contours!

1 Like

So a few days ago I cleaned up the PA116 print and it went as it has before - so not good. I’m just going to try to print the top as a separate piece and see if that helps.

Hope it comes out. Fingers crossed.

How goes the M809 battery box / conversion set too?

So far so good. Here’s the current state. I haven’t learned how to make diamond plate in Blender yet but I did watch a video on how to make garbage bags. So that’s neat.

Garbage bags! Not much but I finally learned how to make something entirely in Blender!

4 Likes

And here I thought they were noses! :grin:

Well done for going through the pain of Blender’s vertical learning curve! I never managed to get a grip on it myself. One thing to suggest (to push the envelop!) is to put a few sharp-edged bulges in those sacks, like I always get in real trash bags…

1 Like

Good deal. The battery box is looking good.

I’ll definitely try that. Shouldn’t be too difficult with the method I learned but then again… It’s blender. But trust me, if I learned how to successfully make a nose, I’d probably be ecstatic. I’d bet it could be done with a similar process.

So far yeah. It shouldn’t too long to finish up but that depends on how distracted I get.

1 Like

No distractions! No distractions! :grin:

1 Like

Seconded!

New M813 update:

I’m going to try to include some filter mesh detail on the bottom of the air intake cap.

5 Likes

Nice. Hope it is ready to print/buy soon. I’m in for one set.

1 Like

I’ll use one set to finish my M813 with TPU. Once I do, I’ll order 2 or more from you (as a start).

I think the air filter is finished now.

The battery box remains unchanged. Is there anything that needs to be added?

2 Likes

They look good to me.

So I think this concludes the M813 battery box and air cleaner project. I also added a new front grill using rounded bars instead of flat slats and a version of the air filter cap that’s shielded. I’m not sure if it was used on the M800 but I saw it while browsing for pictures so I added it.

6 Likes

Very nice. The parts look great.

I updated the M813 hood product on my store. It’s now $21.80 with the new parts. I’ll set about printing it tonight to see how it comes out.

You can find it here: 1/35 M813 Hood Conversion, Mikes's MS Productions

3 Likes

I see you made the hard cover for the M1101. What’s the cost for doing the hard cover for the HMMWV