MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

The M110 has been updated and uploaded. It should be available and the order reprocessing. Hopefully this time it works.

1 Like

Thank you Mike. Yes. Shapeway confirms. I am adding a copy of Shapeways note here to share their insight on the PRINT IT ANYWAY option.

"Mitchell Jetten (Shapeways)
Feb 22, 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for reaching out.
Unfortunately it’s not possible as Shopper to order a product using the Print It Anyway option, which is only available for the owner of a file.

That said, it looks like the latest update to the model has been accepted by the production team and is currently getting ready to start printing.
So if all goes well we will soon have this model printed and can ship the complete order :slight_smile:

You don’t need to take any action at this point.

Best,
Mitchell

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways Customer Service"

Thanks again Mike and I hope you keep pursuing these kinds of rare modern equipment offering.

All the best,

Stuart

Well it looks like a our effort paid off and the M110 w/ PVS-27 has finally printed successfully.

1 Like

Just received the Shapeways 3D M110 w/ PVS-27 item in the mail. Everything looks great! Very pleased. Thank you. Sorry for the quick cell phone photos but hoped to share your good work. Spray with the fine Tamiya Primer makes this look more grainy than actual. More photos to come as I work these up.

1 Like

Really like your work Mike! Thank you for offering this rifle. My apologies as I did go with Yaroslav’s Live Resin Harris bipod as I wanted to show the retraction springs on it. Enoyed this one a lot! Thanks- S

1 Like

That looks good! It’s fine about the bipod. I wasn’t able to really pull off the bipods very well and I almost removed them from the model because they were a frustration point when trying to get the model to print.

1 Like

Have you ever consider printing canvas-covered DShKs?

I haven’t. I’m not sure I’m able to pull off canvas right now.

Lock very good

1 Like

Started a fun new project. One I had been wanting to do for a while. I finally made some wings. This will be designed in both 1/35 and a larger scale that I haven’t determined yet, I need to see how big I can make it but still have it fit my own printer. I apologize to everyone who had sent me messages on Shapeways and had requests posted here. I am easily distracted and had been working.

That said, take a shot at guessing what this is.

3 Likes

Well I got my printer back up and running to make a few prints for someone. I used a resin that I don’t normally use because I had a terrible previous experience. Now, after finding the right settings to use, I think I’m getting pretty decent results. Still needs tweaking, though. Otherwise, I think I’ll keep using this resin. It’s very easy to clean up too being water washable.

1/35 SINCGARS

1/16 AN/VRC-110 and Modern Handhelds set

4 Likes

Looks good. Love your work

Well seeing as how I’m starting to delve a bit more back into printing, I’m now looking into getting a larger and faster printer.

And the project I’ve been working on for a while now, might be finished in the next day or two… Maybe even tonight if I can manage it.

1 Like

Ok, so for anyone who hasn’t figured it out yet, I’ve been working on a 1/35 RQ-20 Puma drone. It’s now finished, as far as I can tell, and I’m setting it up to be printed.

4 Likes

This looks sweet Mike! Please tell me you are looking at the support equipment? The packing case and perhaps some piece parts would be very interesting!

I’m looking. I hadn’t found anything for the case until just now and it’s tough finding decent pictures of the controller unit.

Yes. Thank you Mike. Seems like a lot to look into there…

2 Likes

That is so cool! :smiley:

I am interested in the 1/35th Singars & associated equipment. I have the RFM M-ATV & Bronco Hummer in my stash to build.

1 Like

Sure. You can purchase it from my Shapeways store or, if you need it sooner or with slightly better fidelity but a bit more printing artifacts, I can print it for you.

I have the new printer and it is significantly faster than the older printer. Whereas the older one might take 10 hours to print, this one only needs 3. It should also produce prints with better detail but I haven’t yet been able to get a successful print yet. I still need to work out some kinks.

3 Likes