MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

I can definitely take that on. Will look for some more references as well.

Right now, I’m making full use of my printer’s huge build plate for a number of weapons sets.

Shown are the L129A1, M110A1, Cheytac M200, MP43, Sig M17, Carl Gustav m/43 “Swedish K”, and Sterling SMG. Also thrown in are some guitars, general purpose FAKs, an AN/GRR-5, and some bottles. The people these are going to have been waiting long enough for their prints so I figured I’d toss in some extras to make up for the extra time taken.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. You do some great offerings Mike!

1 Like

Thank you. I actually just printed the Gibson and Stratocaster. Unfortunately the amp that I printed with it cracked and was unusable.

So I’ll get started on those fire control computers and I was thinking of a set of rifles that you modern guys might like. It’s related to a set of pistols that I already have. More to come on that when I find better pictures to use.

1 Like

As best I can tell, the Gun Display Units are finished. I can’t find any pictures whatsoever for the battery portion of the case assembly nor any pictures of the back. I did find both the SCA and Gun Display Unit on eBay along with the front panel and electronics for the Case Assembly, interestingly enough.

2 Likes

Following closely Mike! Looks very interesting

Mike, this looks GREAT! The Case Assembly looks a bit long but that is probably just the graphic being stretched. Are they ready to order?

A number of us old cannon cockers are great full. Thank you!

Rick

The Case Assembly shown in the TM had a battery as well and that’s why it looks long.

1 Like

Some pictures of the new Gun Display Units.

I have not uploaded this to Shapeways so, for now at least, it’s just me that’s printing these.

New project in the works. This is going to be a tough one but I might be able to go out and measure one… hopefully.

1 Like

Looks like FN-SCAR?
I’m making now the Mk17 :slight_smile:

Cool cool. I actually made a Mk 20 SCAR-SSR a while back but that’s not what this is.

1 Like

Ok, will be interested to see what it is .

Sig Sauer Spear M-5 6.8 by 51mm? The M-4 replacement battle rifle?

Hit the nail right on the head. TheSig Sauer XM5 SPEAR which is set to replace or mostly replace the M4.

1 Like

Yay!! Please tell me you are adding suppressor and optics? Very much in line for this one. Thank you

1 Like

That’s the plan.

1 Like

Hi Mike G
I have been quiet over here in my little corner of Kentucky. Quiet both verbally and in the modeling arena as life tries to get in the way.

Just chiming is to send Best Regards

Mike Koenig
165thspc

2 Likes

After a week long or so hiatus, I’ve done some more work on the XM5. This thing has really been beating me down with the lack of decent pictures and available measurements. That’s on top of this being a very complicated gun to replicate.

Mike- Have you seen this video? SIG M5 Spear Deep Dive: Is This a Good US Army Rifle? - YouTube

2 Likes

I have actually and that’s what prompted me to try this. I’ve taken a few screen captures of the video that I’ve been using a bit

1 Like