MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

And now I have an M203A1. Shown is the 12 inch version. A 9 inch and the variant with the quick detatch mount will be coming soon along with the rounds. I’m not sure how well the trigger guard will print but I can safely assume not well. I’ll have to thicken it but I will try to print it as-is.

A picture would help:

2 Likes

A new print being prepared. This includes both the M4 Carbine, Mk 18 Mod 0, and Mk 18 Mod 1 but only contains a small number of the total possible combinations I can make with all of the parts I’ve made for this project. There’s 20 models in this picture and all of them different.

2 Likes

Here’s the finished print from last night. Unfortunately a little less than half of these didn’t survive the support removal process. My exposure time was 0.1 second too short and I left them in the cleaning water for too long which softened them to the point that they were difficult to work with. But the majority that did survive intact came out very well! I apologize for my poor photography here. I was using my phone in my basement at night.

3 Likes

How about doing the current LTAS armored cab to fit Trumpeter’s FMTV trucks.

1 Like

Are the cab angles and dimensions the same as Trumpeters M1078 LMTV cab?

No, unfortunately due to the larger windows, the angle across the cab is lower.

Thanks, I also replied to your PM.

In a little under 15 minutes during a break at work, I have the start of some 106mm recoilless rifle ammunition. Just need to make the case holes and add some detail to the case back and it’ll be good.

@John_Chambers if you need some more, I’ll have a decent set ready by the end of the day.

Unfortunately I found I have a very, very small hole in my resin vat film. As of yet It hasn’t affected my printing much at all but I can figure I can only do one more print before my printer needs to be put down until I get more FEP film in.

I finished working on some M16A4s and I finished up an A2 as well.

I also posted another 2 listings on Hobbymarket.

3 Likes

Here’s some preliminary pictures of an M1078 LTAS cab. I’m waiting on a cab from Gino to come in so I can get more detailed look at it and make sure everything fits the Trumpeter kits.

Edit: whoops! I forgot the pictures! @SableLiger you might want to check back.

3 Likes

i got you. I think theres a good picture in the “Modelling Armour In the Ukraine Crisis” that has an armored M1078 FMTV with a cool looking Cheshire Cat graffiti that has some good detailing.

It is a neat looking photo. For now though I think I have a good start on reference material to use. Although you can never have enough reference material.

A few days ago I re-rendered the M27s in the new render program. The ARD comes out incredibly well in 1/16 but not in 1/35. I’ll have to do some tinkering to find the right honeycomb size.

4 Likes

Been a lot of these floating around recently so I thought I might as well throw my hat into the ring too. Currently in progress.

2 Likes

something that I’d be interested is in towing shackles for modern vehicles in 1/35. As well as Tow bars for both wheeled and tracked vehicles.

1 Like

Sure! That should be a quick draw up.

I just got some vat FEP film in today so I can replace my holed FEP and get some good prints in finally!

1 Like

Speaking of news… My Vietnam-era M16 is finished. I’ll make a test print of it tonight along with a couple of reprints for an order. And a new stab at the RQ-20 Puma. Hopefully the better resin a proper exposure makes a difference.

Also a PA-120 40mm ammo can and a M1A1/M1A1C 76mm M1 Gun barrel in 1/16. I modeled the gun barrel with screw threads under the muzzle threads protector.

2 Likes

Your M16A1 has an M16 three prong flash suppressor. The M16A1 has the more solid, slotted flash suppressor, along w/forward assist on the right side. The rest of the changes were internal.

M16 on top, M16A1 below.

1 Like

Ah ok. So my M16A1 is just an M16.

Not really, it still has the forward assist that is part of the M16A1 upgrade. It is the little bump on the right side just behind the shell ejection port.

M16A1 parts

2 Likes