MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

Huh I see… I’ll get to work modifying it to fit.

1 Like

1/35 30 ton and 75 ton towing shackles. @SableLiger This what you need?

3 Likes

Yes. Those will look great hanging off the mounts on tanks. Also, this style…

To go on the M-113s I’m putting together.

Sure I can get that done.

I never released it publicly myself but I also made a set of Larkspur radios for Mouse House Enterprises back in 2017/18. With them now closed, I feel like I can now sell them myself. So, here’s the 1/35 Larkspur radio set.

Also, around the same time, I made an HCU-6E cargo pallet. It’s been out there but because it was so expensive through Shapeways, it was never bought. It’s still a bit much for an individual pallet but when I print it, it’s only $11.50 for one. Expensive. But for a set of two, it’s only $14.75.

This is what it looks like in my slicer software. It takes a full 8 hours to print and consumes about half the build plate.

3 Likes

I think I will need to get couple off those cargo pallets for a 1/48 C-130 project in near future.

I did scale them to 1/48 as well so just let me know when.

1 Like

Well, that’s perfect. I will order a set soon.

1 Like

At AMPS Nationals back in April I reported https://www.boomersbooks.net/ bought Mouse House molds and looking to restart the lines back up. Not sure how all that legalise stuff goes but thought I would mention it just in case.

Interesting to see and would depend on the agreement MikeyBugs entered into with Mouse House as to the intellectual property behind the master.

Purchasing moulds suggests only their resin casting moulds were acquired by Boomersbooks, and I expect the rights to use them will depend on the original agreement between MH and MB and any sale to 3rd party implications in the agreement.

2 Likes

I don’t believe there was any agreement other than “design this for me.” I also can’t find the original email chain. I can find the one asking me when I would finish but not the original.

Well then, sounds like you are free to sell them yourself. Happy profits!!

1 Like

Just need someone to sell them to.

1 Like

The HCU pallet in 1/35 works great as flooring for an Iraq/Afghanistan diorama.

1 Like

Well coincidentally, I also made some prints two nights ago including some SINCGARS. All in 1/35.

So shown here we have some RT1523 a/b/c/d ICOMs in both a single and dual mount combination and a 1523A/B/C/D with a 1523E ASIP. All of which are mounted in an AM-7239/VRC amplifier on the MT-6352/VRC mounting base. Behind and in front is the accessories set that comes with every one of my SINCGARS sets. Behind is an AN/PSN-11 PLGR gps receiver, AN/PRC-154 radio, AN/PRC-148 MBITR and AN/PRC-152 Falcon III while in front is the AN/PSN-13 DAGR and H-250/U handsets.

Here are the Larkspur radios. Unfortunately one piece failed to print so I will be reprinting it.

And here is an M16A4 with a M150 ACOG, AN/PEQ-2 ITPIAL, and Surefire M951 Millennium weapon light.

And an M4A1 in the same configuration.

This is the SIG Sauer XM5 SPEAR NGSW. Finally I printed it successfully. These are going to Amoz02t

And to go along with the XM5 is the SIG M17 MHS.

5 Likes

I like the SIG with the top slide fully back,thats a nice touch. Its a shame no one here in UK does the 3D printing for the likes of Clansman or Bowman radios and the various comms boxes, they would be good to get hold of.

1 Like

The SINCGARS look great. Good deal as they are complete with nice mounts. Weapons look good too.

Im looking for a good user friendly design program

So you may have noticed that I haven’t posted any progress reports on any particular item recently. I haven’t succumbed to the competition and dropped away, not yet at least. No, I’ve been working on printing a bunch of items but most importantly, product packaging. It’s the first anyone sees and it can be the most important part of product presentation (who knew that an upcoming business degree would actually prove useful). I plan on making these for of my regular products. One-offs or custom print orders that won’t see my catalog won’t be receiving this treatment.

@Chris_Bryan I highly recommend Fusion 360. It’s what I use and it’s a pretty powerful software package. It has it’s limitations and certain features are becoming paywalled by Autodesk but unless you need to do highly advanced CAD work or FEA, Fusion is very good.

4 Likes

Thank you. I will check it out .