Mini-Art Campaign 2021

This guy (in Russia?) has started making videos of his build of the T-34/85 interior kit. He’s doing an incredible job. I’ve got to do this kit for this campaign.

5 Likes

Looks like a really great kit choice Phil. I’ve watched with interest as obviously some shared parts with the SU-122 I intend to start in the new year.

I also came across a build by Turbine Models on YouTube that maybe of interest for you. It’s a T34/76 rather than the T34/85, but again should be mostly similar.

Nice find. I had not heard of Ding-hao before. Um, now I go search for them on scalemates and my browser history tells me I have looked at them before!

Finally! After tracking the package all week the Miniart T-54B and NVA decals from Star arrived from Sprue Bros.

This will be my first group build and should be intresting also since I know zilch about Soviet armor. Funny how things work out, I’ve never even considered building a T 54 until this Miniart challenge came up but now I’m stoked, a year from now seems like a really lonnng time away though :relaxed:
Take note @phil2015 assuming you’re the moderator, this may have to suffice as my date stamp if it’s necessary.

6 Likes

Welcome to the fun of the GB Terry. I hope you enjoy it and join many more.

Currently building their T-55 Polish production. A tedious but satisfying build. Good luck.

1 Like

Nice! This is going to be an awesome build. That’s fine as your date stamp, just don’t start before the 15th…

1 Like

We’re getting close folks! I can’t wait for this. I really need to get a couple of things off my workbench before I start on this though…

2 Likes

Hi all,
I think that this will be a nice subject for this GB. In fact, is the only MiniArt tank kit that I have. It’s a 2008 edition and you can tell for the amount of flash and pin marks. Not a big problem but a little too much for today standards.
First, I have to finish my Möbelwagen for the Antique antics GB so hope to start around April/May 21 (not only Möbelwagen, also holydays and vacations are in the way).

See you then!

Cheers.

Oh yeah!

@phil2015, Will there be a new thread started for this when it begins?

Not sure, Mark. Either a new thread or this will be made the official thread? I think it might be nice to have a separate official thread, but I think it will be up to the powers that be.

Seems to me because this site is not the same as the other there is no need for a gate keeper and therefore the one who manages the campaign can decide the rules on one or two posts.

Phil, After chatting with @GulfWarrior about these group builds on this new site I think that you will be safe and probably better off just editing the thread title here and adding “Official” to it and asking one of the admin guys (Richard or Robin maybe ? ) to pin it as well ? Thats what I will be doing with the Build a Photo 2 and 1/72 Scale Dio group build I’m doing in the new year.
John

1 Like

Being a newbie I’m not that knowledgeable about the mechanics of GBs and such but I think pinning this thread as the “Official” location would be fine, that way all correspondence past and future will remain rooted and generic to this thread.
. . . 11,12, the “Peoples Army is anxious to engage the enemy!” :vietnam:

Cajun

I agree, and do we really need ‘Official’ in the title these days. With the new format it should be easy to find as is. My start pic:

3 Likes

This campaign is now live (It is Dec 15 in Kiev, where Mini-art is based :-). I’ll see whether I can get an editor to both add OFFICIAL to the thread title and pin it. Can’t wait to see these builds!

2 Likes

My only problem now is my darling SWMBO wrapped up my Miniart 3 ton Service crane for Xmas and it’s now under the tree lol… Bless her…

I can at least do a bit more on the Maultier and try to get that pretty much done …

That will keep me occupied along with the 88mm :grin:

2 Likes

They are so helpful that way. :joy: