Mini-Art Campaign 2021

Ok this is where I am at with the base vehicle for the Miniart service crane to sit on.

The bulkhead and the one side panel are just taped in place as is the plank of wood separating the stowage area from crane area.

I am pretty much where I need to be now with the Maultier, all I will do with it now is completely weather the underside of the cargo bed and chassis so I can forget about that part and just crack on with the crane assembly and fitting to the mount. The red plastic card will be the mount which will be rotatable when it sits on the raised grey area.
The rear and left hand side panel will be in the down position allowing the crane to be moved for the dio.
For the Dio, I will be using a Kublewagon and a figure plus a fair bit of mechanical type repair equipment. I will also be using a Miniart Dio base building, … Probably the farmhouse with the arch, can’t remember the kit number… Enjoy and stay safe.

1 Like

I like that idea and might steal it. Need to see how big the crane will be in the bed first. I did notch my balsa cross members while waiting for figure paint to dry.

We are less than one month away from the start date for this: 15 December. Glad to see folks getting prepared!

1 Like

It was one of the wooden seats in the kit, so it made sense to upcycle it as it’s the right shape and an exact fit, plus the grain effect is nice.
Please feel free to use that idea @Tank_1812 if it helps your plan. I’m using some spare PE brackets I found to secure it, so it should look ok.

I’m thinking about doing the figure laying prone from this model. bought it at a model store.
it’s a 1/35 scale group of US troops.

The main component of the campaign build has to be something in the Miniart catalogue @logandavis74 ?

Facepalm
logan

1 Like

yup thats on me
logan

@logandavis74 You can always have the figure situated near the corner of a Mini-Art building, or even have it situated on one of the street sections they make. Perhaps beside the cart in this one?

Or if you want to make a small vignette base concentrating on the one figure yourself… maybe have the figure sighting around a Mini-Art barrel or two or some stacked crates?

3 Likes

oh, yeah! thanks! :smiley:

I also have a couple of extra german figures i could build and put on!

Excellent! Good work increasing the tribe, Peter. Glad to have you included Logan!

I wouldn’t mind a Tamiya figures campaign sometime - I have a few.

What about just a figure campaign, any manufacturer say at around the end of the year?

good idea! that would be a great plan. i think we should.
Logan

hey, could someone send me the link for the miniart catalog?
thanks,
Logan

Use the pull down under the products.

Well I’m gonna ante up for this campain, I’m actually stoked about it, been browsing Sprue Bros. and Scale Hobbiest sites, might wanta get your selecton soon there seems to be a shortage of a lot of their (Miniart) kits.
Question: how do I date stamp my kits since I use my cell phone as the camera?

A lot of people just take a pic of the kit with their computer screen in the background showing something from the current day (like someone else’s pic of their kit).

1 Like

Hobbylinc (the one in Georgia, not Japan) have a bunch of mini-art kits in stock, some of them with good sales. I was surprised to see that they offer the T-34/85 interior kit for quite a bit less than others, and it’s not even on sale with them. I am not associated with them, just sayin’.

2 Likes

truthfully, they could be anywhere. there’s a couple of stores near me that have em’, like this Hobbytown USA near me.
Logan