Miniart railroad truck - bash

Well I think you’ve done something really special and really well, bravo. I’d only quibble the gravel pile would likely be dumped more over the rear axle & the drums at the back. Maybe also the under-mudguard and rear chassis members aren’t dirty enough but that’s personal taste. I love it :tumbler_glass:

Railroad wheels don’t throw up dirt and dust the same way as rubber tyres do.
The mudguards could have been more worn and rusty though.

I am a wee bit surprised by the far forward position of the axles though.
The inspirational images has the forward bogie center under the radiator so
I’ll accept that position, the engine sump is in the way further back …
The rear bogie though … I would have put the bogie center where the rearmost wheel is.
A drive/cardan shaft is easy to extend or shorten in a workshop with a larger lathe

Just my two cents.
Still an excellent job well worth to be proud of :+1:

Thanks guys.

The guys that dumped the gravel in the back werent so bright. Good thing they dont have to steer it. It may be a bit light in the front.
Yes I overlooked weathering underneath. Just a brain fade.
Robin I used the axle positions of MiniArts kit. The rear axle does look too far forward. It has the drive shaft and all there. So wheel base is ok. But thats how they are.

I have many many books on back woods railroads. Some of the home built equipment defies many engineering rules. Ive crawled over and under many. Mostly in the USA. There are some very strange contraptions out there.

It was a fun build.

2 Likes

You made a good model with an interesting idea. Everyone will be waiting for the next masterpiece. Do not wait - start!

1 Like

The guys that dumped the gravel were smarter than everyone thinks - if you had to shovel that material off the back of the vehicle you would quickly learn to pile it at the back … ask me how I know…

5 Likes

Amazing work. Love all the stuff in back and the wear and tear. Many military modelers I know (me too) like tanks and trucks because of all the stuff that can be piled on them. Rail runners are great subjects for that, too.

I’m just a little late to help with this build,
Posted this earlier over in the Railway Post Office arrivals.

88d39f16022601f58df1c2f80fc822e2efd2011a_2_375x500

1 Like

Seen just yesterday at the local hobby shop: (F Scale)