Wow! An amazing shot. :+1:

1 Like

On the way!!!

H.P.

4 Likes

Some graffiti for that '109 in the stash,

Modellers, note the over spray top left bin… Imagine that at a contest

6 Likes

If you come with that at the contest you better have the photo with you. (You in general, not personal). And it works both ways because then the judges can check every other detail you should have painted/added to your model and not just the overspray but the artwork on the other bin, the flag, the white chipping on the commanders hatch, the numbers, the stowage and so on. Good luck with that.

2 Likes

I agree this picture is mandatory if you’re going to show anything like the over spray.
This actually happens to most of our armor
Units I was in used stencils and sponges to paint . Even in base maintenance areas. I guess they didn’t trust us with a sprayer…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Is this excavator a civilian vehicle converted/repainted for military service? Just asking because the yellow chipping under the tan paint caught my eye.

1 Like

If they were anything the mechs in my unit in Germany back in the 80’s , they just didn’t like to share their toys. Most of the paint/repaint crew also seemed to be whatever guys were on the 1Sgt/Plt Sgt’s S**tlist at the time. There were ALWAYS drips, runs and oversprays

2 Likes

Our guys used Axel grease as a masking agent on head and tail lights etc. the cleanup was a bigger mess :joy:

3 Likes

This looks like tulkarm which is right down the road from me… my night’s have been full of sounds the past couple of weeks…

1 Like

8 Likes

So; I guess McDonald’s in Israel is certified Kosher. LOL.

4 Likes

This photo was published today and shows training. The vehicles look like stock commercial vehicles.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Is that tan paint or is it dust? I’m thinking it’s a yellow machine that’s heavily weathered is all.

2 Likes

I’m thinking it’s painted in IDF brown, but the finish has worn off heavily throughout the vehicle.

You can see the color (and ID plate) on the excavator arm, but look down to the bucket, the paint has worn off, exposing the factory Caterpillar Yellow paint.

2 Likes

Most of them are. Though some aren’t and you can get your Big Mac with cheese. :joy: But you’ll need a second mortgage to feed a family there.

4 Likes

Big Mac with no cheese? inconceivable!!!

LOL/JK.

I gotta have cheese on my burgers.

As for getting a second mortgage - Is not too far from true here in the states with thew way the economy is right now.

5 Likes