Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

The first 2 photos are Merkava III Ramak… Impressive that they rolled these out.

2 Likes

The Merkava MkIII is the most produced variant of all the Merkava, so they have plenty of them to deploy, some MkIII are being sold to Cyprus and Morocco (Gentile Merkavas - as posted elsewhere here).

2 Likes

Ok so I have been looking at the M109 from AFV for a few years now. Is there a a kit of a version that is “current” ?

1 Like

Kinetic Modesl has it.

AFV Club’s version is from the 1982 Lebanon War.

3 Likes

There are both versions in use. The Rochev is the earlier version and what can be seen in the photos above and in videos from northern Israel near Lebanon.

I have seen videos of Dohers going south.

AFV Club makes both kits.

1 Like

4 Likes

First, check all the components are present in the kit…

Then it’s time to look for that bit of missing photo-etch…

Cheers,

M

13 Likes

Laughing Hysterically GIF - Laughing Hysterically GIFs

5 Likes

Dragon makes a 2 in 1 set with the M-113 Chata’p and Fitter.

You can also use an Academy M-113A3 Iraq 2003 and add the Chata’p Late conversion kit from Legend.

1 Like

The Dragon M113s are pretty bad. Academy’s M113s are still better. If anything, maybe use the Dragon’s IDF parts on Academy or AFV Club M113s.

Academy also did a Fitter and Zelda versions.

The Zelda also has parts to make it a commo/command version.

2 Likes

More IDF action…

IDF M109 “Rochev” SPGs firing on Hamas positions in Gaza.

5 Likes

H.P.

10 Likes

These are Doher. Notice the right rear side of the turret. :wink: :wink:

Rochev has two similar stowage bins/racks, the Doher has an auxiliary generator there (I think it is a generator or an AC unit).

Rochev

Doher

3 Likes

-I bought that kit and built it for the IDF 75th Anniversary build thread, but went with a fresh Tamiya M51 build instead; I build three variants (Nagmash, Nagmash Pikud and Nagmash with Zelda Armor).

ad549aca3e68b3b89805a2ef1ffc2f7b2d9d0056_2_666x500

47779b24137135f3555326e4fb32b798f11ce83c_2_666x500

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at the commander’s hatch and wondering which version they were. :+1:

2 Likes

H.P.

6 Likes

Another point of recognizing the variants is the travel lock.

On the Doher it is mechanically assisted and has a distrinctive box between the support arms

on the Rochev it is pretty basic

5 Likes

Yellow is for lubrication points, red for attention areas

7 Likes

H.P.

9 Likes

Nice pictures of the Achzarit Heavy APC. :+1:

1 Like