Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

More photos, explanation of JLOT operations and ships involved.

2 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

Whooopsie

H.P.

3 Likes

That was my first thought.

2 Likes

New development remote controlled M113’s

IDF is using unmanned M113s in Gaza - report What type of new technology is the IDF using in Gaza against Hamas? - The Jerusalem Post

3 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

Good on ya Frenchie…

1 Like

Trial footage from 2013…

H.P.

3 Likes

Interesting concept but confused by the use. Seems like you are only saving one/two people in the vehicle, driver and TC. The people cargo being transported are not any safer. The Aussie flat bed version for cargo makes some sense. Is it more for testing technology for other future vehicles?

2 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

From what I have been told the whole thing is just one big RC APC that can be driven by a real person when needed…
All from the air conditioned safety of a connex container.

2 Likes

Troops will not be carried as far as we’ve been told. Just resupply etc. but maybe emergency medivac … who knows
. We were told during the last time in Gaza that they would no longer be used front lines because they’re nothing more then a beer can on tracks

5 Likes

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

H.P.

5 Likes

This whole operation is becoming a travesty. A few years ago I assisted in teaching MCS to a littoral unit at JBLM. Later my unit mentored them through their Big LOTS (Logistics Over The Sea) exercise. I know full well we have other capabilities that have not been brought into play, and don’t require this boondoggle of a floating dock.

I even wrote many of the injects that anticipated many of the problems they might encounter, including some that are currently occurring in Gaza. But nothing of this magnitude.

AAR’s are being written, recommendations sent to CALL, where they will languish unseen.

2 Likes

This whole thing just makes everyones heads itch. The politics that surround it make most of us think someone’s doing too many shrooms.
Ayatollah Joe really has to stop with the DEI hires…

4 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

Larger version of a November picture

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes