Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

I was thinking the same. Weirdly, you could pre-shade with a lightened (late) dunkelgelb on a panzer grey base layer and then mist on a green-shade of IDF grey. Add more late dunkelgelb for the post-shading… yeah I’m feeling that.

It’s a weird colour isn’t it? Not grey, not green, not brown but an odd combination of all. I love that so many of the IDF vehicles seem to have varying shades and how the different shades look in direct sunlight vs shade etc, gives us enormous latitude to express a bit of creativity on the colours. Makes a nice change from being restricted to NATO green/black/brown etc.

2 Likes

I really, really want that wheeled SPG in 1;35…

5 Likes

They stopped using the IIs so you’ll see late IIIs and IVs plus the Barak IV/V versions kicking ass in Gaza, all a mix of Trophy and non-Trophy fitted.

2 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

Isnt that the truth … although I am “still in”, its not the same as my Cav days … I would go back to those days in a heartbeat … Especially in BAOR

5 Likes

There is photo evidence of the early Merkava 3’s with the Magach shaped loader hatch as well. I think they are called Ramach, but could be wrong.
I’ll have a look and post some photos.

2 Likes

You are correct, photos were posted by HP in October

5 Likes

Especially this go around cause it was very personal toe since I lived on kibbutz Nir Oz in 1980/81 and I knew most of the victims there . Friends and acquaintances, people I worked with people I hate with people I laughed with people argued with. Keep telling myself I can still fit into the driver’s compartment of an m109. But they cut me off from reserves in 2005. 67 now so I’m way too old for them.

7 Likes

Agreed,

This IDF Merkava model at a local show sure played that theme with my cellphone camera!

5 Likes

I am sorry for your losses, Robert. Am Yisrael Chai.

2 Likes

Thanks brother.

2 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

is the meng merkava good? By the way I’m currently reading this, it does have a bunch of merkava IV pics

4 Likes

Yes, the Meng Merkava’s are really good.
I am releasing a set for the modern IDF vehicles, which will include smoke dischargers with full, half and empty granades, aerial mounts, three different types of fire extinguisher with and without the bottles, two differ types of crew support weapon holders and a few other items.
Here are a few test shots of some parts.

9 Likes

Neat, I’d like to get the cage release at some point (tempted by so many things)

4 Likes

Timeout :wink: :

H.P.

6 Likes

All of us sincerely, and I mean sincerely appreciate the photos and the conversations, and the models!!! God bless. Working on a Braile scale Tiran 4 currently but have a Merk in the stash!!! Oh, for peaceful times again.

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but does this book come in English text as well as French?

1 Like

H.P.

5 Likes

Only in french it seems for the recent one https://raids.fr/

1 Like