Modeling Workbench Expansion - A Workbench Build Log

I like it too, James. It’s US Infantry Blue! Hooah!

1 Like

Color looks great

1 Like

Well, the trade off is I do live by myself. My house is pretty small (~700sqft) it’s just that there’s no one around to keep me in check.

Partially why I went for a semi-gloss finish, also makes it easier to clean.

Blue and brown does work

Alright, so I gotta admit, the color is growing on me.

Came home from work today and found some goodies by the door. First up is a makeup organizer. I saw a modeler on youtube mention these, and now this is my 3rd one

Also got some small plastic organizers for my auxiliary shelf. Good for spare PE, decals and parts,

And the first build of the new workbench… isn’t a model

Finally succumbed to the laser cut paint racks. Wanted some for a while but now there’s no excuse not to. I bought these ones for their wall mount-ability (less horizontal wasted space). Both are getting glued up, and I’ll mount them on top of each other over in the painting bay.

Started moving back in tonight, here’s where I’m at,

Color looks a lot better when it’s busied up with all my stuff. Still got a few more things coming in the mail too. Not done yet!

7 Likes

Looking awesome!

1 Like

The blue will make an excellent backdrop when taking in progress pics :+1:

1 Like

I’m in!

barebones refurbished PC is up and running. To the left is another plastic organizer for small parts.

The paint racks are all done and mounted. My Krupp 21cm morser is there waiting for some dapple camo.

And a BZ-38 Refueller is hogging the build area.

So that’s about it. I still have some ideas for tool storage I’d like to explore, maybe a pull out tray and some other small modifications I may make over the coming months. But for now, I’m done. Thanks everyone for following along and the support. Maybe this gave a couple of you some ideas for your own benches. On to building now.

7 Likes

I’m jealous. Enjoy. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@Landships, that looks fantastic!

You’ve inspired me to order a hutch for my desk :slight_smile:

1 Like

WoW…looks great,awesome job!.. :+1:…i dont really like the 90’s VW electric blue but its only the color

1 Like

Absolutely top notch there James. Enjoy your kingdom.

1 Like

Feels good to be a bad influence

lol, It certainly isn’t for everyone, surprised you’re the only one so far.

I enjoyed it for at least 6+ hours today. Bailed on doing OT this weekend and got some quality bench time with the BZ-38. That MiniArt GAZ-AAA chassis is a beast… Not sure how this one will turn out.

2 Likes

I like the color himself but not on a workbench,i think is little bit too much…but you like it?..all good mate :+1:

1 Like

I like it Too !!, workmanship AND color ! Great job !

1 Like

Hummm… got a spare weekend?

1 Like

Thanks guys. As for spare weekends… well there’s a long line. Got no bench time this weekend since I was out painting a living room for a family member.