Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Too many green leaves.

Yes, that is the Female Class B uniform of that time. It was worn over the trousers or skirt waist

3 Likes

Up or down? :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face: :australia: Lol!

1 Like

The last vestiges of the WACs?

Not really. Especially in the new Service Greensā€¦

1 Like

Dismantling a Soviet era WW2 memorial in Chortkiv

H.P.

4 Likes

I was wondering when that would start. I have a feeling that all the Soviet WWII memorials in unoccupied Ukraine will be torn down in the near future.

2 Likes

Based upon a Kamaz. Might be nice to see a conversion.

Beforeā€¦
F54B7ADE-191A-4460-AABF-663F029A45AF

and afterā€¦
Tractor Monument

Š”Š»Š°Š²Š° Š£ŠŗрŠ°Ń—Š½Ń–! :ukraine:

7 Likes

Wiki says WACs were disbanded in 1978. Yes the throwback uniforms take a bit from the old days but only partially. Women wearing mens visor cap and trousers are certainly not old school.

Oh yes, the WACs as an organization are long gone. But the skirted version of the new Service Greens are definitely a retro look to the formative WAC era, headgear notwithstanding.

1 Like

Father says your motherā€™s right
Sheā€™s really up on things
Before we married Mommy served
In the WACs in the Philippines

Now I had heard the WACs recruited
Old maids for the war
But Mommy isnā€™t one of those
Iā€™ve known her all these years

5 Likes

Does modelling a ship count?

Hereā€™s one version.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/sneaky-way-ukraine-distracted-russian-warship-moskva/news-story/4243404b1394fa2f18d44290afeabd9a

1 Like

Thereā€™s a campaign for that: ā€˜Lost to the Deepā€™

4 Likes

Ukraininian NEPTUN anti-shp missile.

The Moskva, ex- Slava class ships were named Aircraft Carrier Killer by NATO. Then NEPTUN would Aircraft Carrier Killer-Killer? :smiley:

4 Likes

T-34 and Leopard 1A4 fighting side-by side? Some interesting perspectives for modeling.

The Russians seem to have a penchant for very large vehicles. Does the US have anything that is remotely comparable in size to any of their stuff?

Thatā€™s OK, the T-72/T-90 doesnā€™t have any durability when hit!
Ken

1 Like

that is one T72 turned into toast!!! Almost wanta feel sorry for those kids inside it
gary

as bad as I thought my Drill Sargents were, I I thought they were lackluster when I saw female Drill Sargents in action!! Even when they called you every name they could think of, it was mild to what they were yelling at those women
gary