Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I respect those ladies we often call WAC’s. To be exact, I’ll go a step further. Think about all those young nurses that have served in one battlefield after another, and saw more gun shot wounds than any of us dreamed about! I can still feel the one grabbing me by the collar or hair on the back of my head and leading me to the shower (hot at that!). I just cannot respect them enough. Trust me that shower was in dire need
gary

2 Likes

Ropkey has the highest bid on it!
gary

how does the song go? “Smoke On The Water”!
gary

2 Likes

Given the way T-34s dragged out of rivers, etc., have fired up with minimal drying out and fixing (not to mention the “memorial” started up and driven of its plinth by demonstrators) it’s possible this is on its way for refurbishment and re-use. New batteries and an oil change, flush the fuel system and refill, add a layer of ERA and bolt a couple of ATGMs to the turret and you’re hot to trot…
They’ve got a WW1 British Mark V Hermaphrodite in Kharkiv, but the Separatists have two in Luhansk; the last time a Mark V saw action was Berlin in 1945…
The Russians get upset when people disrespect their memorials, they got a bit nasty with Bulgaria over this:

Cheers,

M

4 Likes

@MoramarthT care to translate what was written for us simpleton who don’t speak russian?

It appears to say: ‘Moving with the times’

—The Riddler

2 Likes

Close enough ?

H.P.

3 Likes

One of the Tractors is involved again …

Looks like this one :

H.P.

5 Likes

apparently trumpeter or anyone else for that matter does a 1/35 BTR-82A, or at least as for as i can see. there is a miniarm update pack which might be available.

i can’t believe trumpeter dropped the ball on that one! lol

Both Trumpeter and Zvezda have released a BTR-82A.

H.P.

Almost the entire model line

1 Like

You forgot the police cars :wink:

There is another police car using the car with double headlights, didn’t find a good photo of it though

No, this is a Soviet, not a Ukrainian theme.
Добавлю: на вид это масштаб 1/43.

1 Like

I own one of these.

Got it as a legacy from my father. 1980 release. That year, we were boycotted too.

Edit: The off-topic follow-on posts to this classic car can be found here:
https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/about-boycotts/19552

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: About boycotts

Lets keep the discussion focused on the vehicles and how to model them. If you want to discuss politics or any of the other non-modeling topics, take it to the Off Topics Forum.

5 Likes

I have the Zvezda T90MS, which isnt in this set to, but I would like a T64 or 72 with ERA, are the Trumpeter kits ok as general builds ? It does not need to be 100% spot on, and it will be OOB with no extras … or the Amusing Hobby or Zvezda offerings ?

This is Bulgarian. They also have Cyrillic. Or rather, as they think, it is with us TOO.

Google translate suggests
UP TO DATE
for the Bulgarian
В КРАК С ВРЕМЕТО

ВРЕМЕТО = the time
В КРАК С = In step and I assume that the C takes a meaning when there is a noun after,
In step with the time

Edit: translating ‘with’ from English to Bulgarian returns C, preposition which can mean with, to, by, of, in or for.
In step with time.

" Although Bulgarian uses the Cyrillic alphabet, some preferred letter shapes in Bulgaria are different to those in Russian use.[2]"