Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

On some versions I would agree. However, on this one, you can clearly see gussets at the bottom of the structure, indicating that’s it’s of steel construction.

And this one is steel as well.

The lettering would be extremely easy to 3D print as there are some very good head on views. Clean up an image of the lettering and use the “extrude” function - you’ll get the exact thickness you want as well.

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that concrete doesn’t rust in that way?
:grin: :wink:

People! Frenchy has already shown exactly the same angle a dozen posts ago, I already agreed that this is metal.
Solely to give you pleasure: I was wrong - it’s metal.

1 Like

Removed by the author.

H.P.

3 Likes

@ Naseby. My thoughts exactly! :joy:

@ Frenchy and others. The first version of ‘Luhansk Oblast’ (faded blue, yellow, red) is still my favorite. Also, judging by the tank entering the village, it seems to be the most recent image to be found.

Now I say… to hell with scratch-building. It should be a relatively easy task to 3D print for the talented designers I’ve seen around the forums. There… I’ve baited the hook again — this time with a different worm! :fishing_pole_and_fish:

—mike

1 Like

The inside of the turret does not look like a happy place to be once the ammo carousel lets rip … messy. Thankfully the crew wont know about it.
For ref only.

sorry if this one has been posted before in here earlier ?

3 Likes

There are many similar pics posted everywhere so you should not worry about that :wink:

H.P.

2 Likes

New cammo?

1 Like

Is it supposed to hide it from marauding tractors (providing it’s Russian of course…) ?

H.P.

2 Likes

Or keep it toasty warm at night?

4 Likes

Hide thermal signature?
No point in looking like a hot-spot in thermal viewers …

3 Likes

That would be my guess as well.

2 Likes

Trouble with that thermal sheeting is, now you look for the cold spot in a hot area, or a dark spot on camera.

A thermal cover doesn’t cool itself below the ambient temperature but
I suppose it could happen that the ground is radiating off more “heat”
than the thermal cover when the night comes.

Could it be possible to add heating circuits in the thermal cover to replicate
the radiation from the surroundings?

Yuri do you know the meaning of the number 1688?

is it a historic event or population of the town?

1 Like

are you offering to 3D print that for us, if I’d buy one or two of them

1 Like

Donbass welcomes careful tank drivers lol

2 Likes

I’ve done a reverse image search : it’s Nakidka again !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakidka

H.P.

2 Likes

Sure, it’d be like an electric blanket with a variable thermostat. But it would be pricey. Especially if it was to have some sort of sensors to check surrounding area temperatures. And of course the more complicated a device is, the more likely it would be to have things go wrong and malfunction…