Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Jason,

An interesting note I saw was the article was dated 2020, so it was part of the fighting from 2014 Crimea and Donbas fighting and not as much about today’s fighting (that I kinda assumed at first) other then those vehicles are probably in use.

Come on Trumpeter you got all the parts to print a new BRDM version.

1 Like

Apparently vehicles fighting in Mariupol at the steelworks.

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, getting lots of hits on Twitter for them….trying to find the ‘U’ variant apart from the one Frenchy found.

3 Likes

Thanks, not versed in Twitter searching. Google typically gets me a blown top -2, which isn’t the same. I know the generic name but I wonder if there is more specific number/name. One site suggested the 2U was more of export model which would make sense and not seeing many.

1 Like

AFAIK, the command version is called BRDM-2UM ( Mashina Upravleniya )…

EDIT : the correct name may be BRDM-2U ( БРДМ-2У ), according to the Russian Wiki page :roll_eyes:

H.P.

2 Likes

A question on these cans. I am building a T-80U and at first I thought Trumpeter failed to provide the cover for the can. But my research shows this is open (see small opening on top left of the can). I don’t get it. Why would this not have a cover to protect from the elements? The original small DSHK can was closed here.

1 Like

Looks like USA says four types at 2014.

BRDM-2U command, usually found in Russian maneuver battalion and regimental headquarters and artillery units. Special communications equipment, two radio antennas on each side of the hull

-BRDM-2UM is later version with improved communications equipment

-BRDM-2U2 features a sword-like antenna on the rear deck

-BRDM-2U1 is noticeable by the large box-like structure on the vehicle’s roof

2 Likes

Reminds me of the French CAESAR (soon to be delivered to Ukraine…)

H.P.

7 Likes

These cans are not for a Dshk MG. The T-64 and T-80 tanks both use a different MG, the Nsvt. Those the cans for that type.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Ah, thanks for that clarification. But why don’t the cans have a cover on the top edge?

Not armour but well done

10 Likes

Looks like there’s a shutter that covers the slit when the box is closed

https://unomag.ru/image/cache/data/products/cc8/a1e/315/cc8a1e315945f4a5ef3fdef757c9c97d-1020x1020.jpg

H.P.

2 Likes

Trumpy will jump on it dont worry, Bohdana, Ceasar, Neptune…i think they are already collecting info on it. Edit: if they dont, then UKR companies will for sure. 1/35 Neptune launcher from Miniart please…

3 Likes

Progress on the VDV shelf…

They go really fast when you build 5 of essentially the same kit over and over.

13 Likes

Question: ‘Russian T-72b3 Mod 2016 Main Battle Tank?’

3 Likes

T 64BV probably a separatist one

2 Likes

@ Simon_Barns. Thank’s for the quick ID! With it, I was able to find some rear views — makes sense to me now.

—mike

Here’s another view of the same tank

H.P.

4 Likes

Thank you, Frenchy!

—mike