Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Have any of these beasts shown up in images from Ukraine yet?

Many. One column in a night video kept accelerating and decelerating so much I thought one of them was going to plant the barrel in the road. Also seen loaded on trains with old 2S1ā€™s.
At 1:35.

I know that this is about armor, but Iā€™d love to see somebody kit a 1/48 Mi-8/Mi-17, as well as that Ka-52 side by side. Choppers are natural companions to modern armor builds.

2 Likes

@Stikpusher well Iā€™d like to see that as well, maybe someone will pick up the baton on the KA-52

I do hope so. I have the Italeri 1/48 Ka-50, so that might be a project for the not too distant future.

@Stikpusher ive been trying ro find one of rhose but no one has stock of thrm anywhere.

Perhaps Italeri will see fit to re issue the kit since the newer version is now in the news. Model companies are known to cash in on current events now and again.

1 Like

Saw a Pantsir rolling past in a Russian convoy plusā€¦

and the locals getting in on the actionā€¦

8 Likes

You have to love that smart car lol

1 Like

FYI Ka-50 is only in use in limited numbers in the Russian Army. Only 16 have been build. More than 150 Ka-52 Alligator are the main combat helicopter next to Mi-24. I saw one Ka-52 made an emergency landing at Kiev Airport.

@ Klaus-Adler, here is my try on a T-64 BV. ItĀ“s not related to the current conflict. I picked the kit at Trumpeter booth in Nuremberg a few years ago. It layed dormant in itĀ“s box for some years.

10 Likes

@HermannB i was about to buy one of those, iā€™m glad you have told me they arenā€™t in the current conflict, that saved me a few bucks :slight_smile:

David, according to the wiki link Frenchy sent they are one of the 2 main types of 64 that are in use still ??

1 Like

@Johnnych01 see now you are just confusing me, i guess iā€™m just gonna have to go to Kyiv and see for myself lol

ok i think i will pull the trigger on this one and buy it.

1 Like

@Klaus-Adler I didnĀ“t said that the tank is not used in the conflict. I meant that the build was not related to it. But with so many similar looking tanks, itĀ“s hard to tell which versions are used. We will know more when this BS is over.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like to speak for others, but Iā€™m going to take a stab at it and say H-H meant his build was not related to the current conflict, not the tank itself.

Edit: Wow. We both pulled the trigger at almost the same instantā€¦

But H-H, now all you need is a giant Z on itā€¦
Great build by the way.

2 Likes

he beat you to it by about 15 seconds lol

1 Like

Thanks Robert!

O and N are options in general I believe, not sure about for this tank type.

Destroyed column of Russian Tigr in Kharkiv :

H.P.