Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

@18bravo @Johnnych01 sorry i got the wrong end of the stick, I’m thinking the t64bv or the one that has a turret like a flying saucer with “V” shaped reactive armour sticking out the way…possibly a t90?

Isn´t the “Z” marking used by Russian troops?
As a sidenote, our Bundestag agreed to send 1000 Panzerfaust 3 and 500 Stinger missiles to Ukraine. We also get an increase in defence budget of 100 billion Euros over several years. Finally the politicans realized that the almost "saved " the Bundeswehr to death. (Totgespart)

4 Likes

similar to this one ?

Some actual pics.

uk01-data

5 Likes

Nice shots there Hermann :+1:

Ive got the Zvezda T90MS … looking forward to building it now I have stated that Pantsir

Getty Images showing thousands of pics.
https://www.gettyimages.de/fotos/war-in-ukraine

1 Like

More photos

The fight is getting tougher and a lot more stuff is showing up

5 Likes

Somewhat on this topic, how would people in the community or in general react to models or dioramas of the vehicles being used in this conflict, with the current liveries? The possible things you could do are very interesting, and the plethora of HD color photos of both functioning and destroyed/abandoned vehicles would provide for good references, so I was wondering about people’s reactions.

1 Like

This was talked about in another thread that went off the rails lol … but hey, its a hobby. Enjoy what you do as long as its good taste :+1:

2 Likes

Years ago I had thought about doing some “alternative history” WWIII Germany dioramas. Knocked out T-72 or BMP in front of some sort of German building like Miniart sells as bases. Now I’m pondering something similar in the current Ukrainian setting.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me. Burnt out T80 with a T64BV rolling past it would be good. Lets face it, it will get done at some point. And we are all grown up adults who understand good taste etc etc. @Klaus-Adler creating this has offered up some great images and leads on various AFVs to look for and build.

New war, old war, distant war, war next door …
War is hell and people die. Results in interesting technical products though …

I would not find it more offensive with a Ukraine themed diorama than a Vietnam, WW II or WW I diorama.
It all depends on how it is shown, Blood and gore all over or two soldiers having a smoke (bad for your health but war is worse) behind their tank?

3 Likes

I am still in the very slow process of doing a Man in the High Castle diorama. Even though there are some interesting vehicles in it, some serious scratch building is involved.
I’m doing the border crossing scene with the BRDM-2.

3 Likes

so glad I got into that… great series.

1 Like

This guy will be wearing a Stahlhelm with his US uniform, checking Juliana Craine’s papers.

I almost called her Joanna Grey, but that’s from another classic.

2 Likes

I didn’t know they still did this, super glue a Z-23 to the roof. I thought it was some old mod…

Tiny snowmobile tracks (LOL), that’s the chassis of an old -1 (dual front MG’s) NO?

With that in mid, the 23-2 is probable a better choice than the old 73 or even the single 30mm on the -2.

Edit “Z” is for “Zero Forward Movement”
:rofl:

1 Like

Ukrainian T-64’s in Chuhuiv, Ukraine. 23rd Feb, 2022 :

H.P.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :laughing:

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this video? Other vids are like a needle in the haystack

It’s a BMD