Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

2 Likes

And over to @Frenchy for some pictures of vehicles please

2 Likes

@Frenchy gives good quality photos with high resolution. Photo T-62 does not have such characteristics. Let’s wait for quality photos.
PS In addition, my personal opinion is that there is summer grass, not spring grass.

T-62. Melitopol, Ukraine.

1 Like

Answering The Call: Heavy Weaponry Supplied To Ukraine

H.P.

3 Likes

MoreT-62’s …

H.P.

2 Likes

All captured weapons: the old Soviet, Ukrainian and new NATO - are being transferred to the LND and the DPR. In the Russian army, only Russian weapons.

1 Like

Lets keep the conversation concentrated on the armour. I think the T62s are there to support the decimated T72 units. Somebody probably figured out that if the NATO rockets can take out the newest stuff, older stuff can be used aswell, it makes no difference. Also one of the issues is probably to train new crews. Also if this is in the south, it might be used in defense. One thing is certain we will know if they are used in combat, maybe even watch them going up in flames in nearly real time footage…

2 Likes

Now I get why they will enlist 50 year old military personnel.
No-one younger know how to operate T-62 :grin:

4 Likes

Maybe there is logic in sending T62s. They would help deplete Ukraine’s stockpile of munitions!!

1 Like

Here is a video of a tank in Ukraine. It appears that the crew gets out;
79th brigade scores direct hit on Russian tank, reportedly with artillery. Date unknown in Donetsk region. : CombatFootage (reddit.com)
Also, a couple other updates from the war.

Ken

5 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

Ukrainian Territorial Defense LuAZ-969 :

H.P.

3 Likes

Here is a picture that I think is interesting. It looks like a T-64B WITHOUT ERA blocks. It could be the 1984 model, Trumpeter 05521, but I can’t see the anti-radiation shield on turret, and it seems to have lost at least a couple of smoke dischargers

2 Likes

More Photo references for your model figures

2 Likes

I have probably seen such a camouflage pattern somewhere … :grin:

FN F2000 bullpup rifles from Belgium

H.P.

3 Likes

I was just about to post this!

I believe there was an example in 1/35 resin some time ago but I don’t know by what company.

It is called Partizan in Russia- was introduced the early 2000s.

In case someone suspects that some post has gone missing from this thread then I can
confirm that suspicion.

I have moved a lot of off-topic political stuff to the happy dumping ground
https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/russia-vs-others/20446/160
Feel free to continue the discussion over there. The discussion has some merit
since both sides get to see what the other side thinks.
One side has only one champion so it is a bit uneven but the lack of numbers is
compensated by energy and enthusiasm.

Those who want to participate will need to join the ‘Off-topic’ group
so go here:
https://forums.kitmaker.net/g
and do the required clicking.

I and other moderators will continue to send the political/nationalistic stuff to the
Off Topic area.

3 Likes