Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

If they take it out into the sun, they wont have to run it out of fuel to render it inoperable.

H.P.

2 Likes

Hi!
being German, I did not find any notice of a captured PzH2000, even not in ā€œBildā€. However, we all here in Germany know ā€œBildā€ "News"paper, and to be serious, this paper has a very bad reputation for bad research and wrong reporting for decades. I would not count on it that much-lets hope that did not happen!

Andreas

2 Likes

Thanks for your input Andreas. For the time being, to me this news is as credible as the ā€œcaptured CAESARā€ oneā€¦

H.P.

When a magazine needs photos of topless women in it to sellā€¦Of course that has changed, but the rest of the content not so much.

Ha, I see you do know ā€œBildā€ very well. About 40 years or so ago, the name was ā€œBild Zeitungā€ translating into ā€œBild Newspaperā€. However, they were forced by law to drop the ā€œNewspaperā€ due to the badly researched content. But for sure you will always find a couple of pin-up girls in it for those who are in need of such.

I used to read B~Z in Berlin. I always thought it was for Berliner Zeitung, but it turns out that was an East Berlin Publication until the Wiedervereinigung.

Iā€™m not calling anyone a tall tale teller, but the PZH 2000 would have to be pretty close to the front lines to be captured, and technically it should have a rooftop MG for Anti-personnel defense. So I wonder for a self-propelled howitzer that can shoot 30-45+ KM if that report is technically accurate as it would be a serious tactical blunder to be captured so close to the front lines. Weā€™re talking about a 155mm cannon that can lob shells 18-27 miles away. What would a SPH be doing so close to the front lines?

As for captured M1114s, the Taliban captured M1114s, MRAPs, and M1117 ASVs intact already in Afghanistan from the ANA so thatā€™s nothing new, and those US vehicles are in much better shape than the ones posted here. Those captured Ukrainian M1114s look pretty beaten up so I doubt theyā€™ll run in the hands of the opposition.

With the combat intensivity we see, i think the russists will capture a western SPG sooner or later. Mind you NATO has already taken a peak at the Ka52, Pantsir and other stuff courtesy of Ukraine armyā€¦

I am hearing less about drones. Are they being countered? If not, they should be doing a hay day on Russian SP artillery.

H.P.

3 Likes

Yes, the source was / is Bild, via a Russian site I visit on occasionā€¦ No topless woman, though. Fake news maybe? Disinformation? Or not being reported in the west as being too unfavorable? You decide. It is not beyond the possible that one will be / is captured, the Ukrainians managed to capture some of the largest artillery and mortars in the Russiansā€™ arsenal.

Yes and another 14 APCā€™s on top of the original promise from our outgoing PM.

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

Just found another view of the PzH 2000 ā€œwelcomeā€¦ā€ marking. Some letters have gone MIAā€¦

H.P.

3 Likes

Looks like should read ā€˜Welcome To Ukraineā€™ā€¦ :slight_smile:

T-90M

1 Like

Dio idea (Snake Island) ?

Ukrainian tankers operating T-72M1 tanks from Poland and Czech Republic

Grad-wanabee Unimog ā€¦

Pro-Russian troops in Lysychansk

H.P.

3 Likes

Wonder if Iā€™ll be censored for translating againā€¦