Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Some work in progress pics of my T-72B Model 1990. Still far from being done.

Uploading: 20220616_003433.jpg…

5 Likes

2 Likes

H.P.

1 Like

1 Like

I guarantee you someone will make this in 1/35 at some point. Can you imagine the diorama?

2 Likes

1 Like

There has been reports of chinese military trucks moving across the border but i doubt they will be used by ruscist at this point in time, they are probably just bringing in supplies. But I guess we will see at some point in time chinese armour. Next year during the pring offensive.

1 Like

I know it has probably already been talked about and hopefully images shown here, but have basic T72B’s with block ERA been deployed or T72M1’s in their basic configurations ?
Reason being the Zvezda 72B is cheap and cheerful and I would happily saw it in half as I think it may have decent detail on the belly plate and I could do it hatches closed, but the Amusing Hobby T72M1 has an interior and I could do the turret hatches open …

or the AM one

EDIT - I have sort of answered part of the question in that Bruce @BGT have done a terrific build of the AH T72 M1 as a burnt out wagon in another thread, just need the Zvezda one confirming if possible :+1:

Zvezda kit is reboxed DML and it has no belly detail to speak of.

T-72B for Johnny

H.P.

2 Likes

Perfect, Thanks H.P :+1:

You’re welcome :wink:

H.P.

1 Like

1 Like

I heard some Ukrainian commenting on the speed the Ukranians kept when retaking that large area east-southeast of Kharkiv: They moved slowly to allow Russians escaping on foot to run to the next village and spread the panic news about Ukrainian troops approaching.
Mr Panic is a very efficient propaganda officer and when he goes to war he can create havoc among soldiers, especially poorly trained soldiers …

7 Likes

Interesting flag…

I guess the tank in the pics above is the same as this one

Bar armor on the turret of this BMP-2

H.P.

2 Likes

Freshly dug up :wink:

https://lenta.kharkiv.ua/img/20220922/80c342888d5b3fd1c225826e81ed346c.jpg

H.P.

1 Like

I have seen photos of some basic T-72Bs with the Kontakt 1 ERA, and some T-72As that look to have been fitted with a few ERA bricks as an afterthought. Not to mention some basic T-72Bs with the mounting studs for ERA bricks, but none mounted.
The belly plate on the Zvezda T-72s is not well detailed behind the scraper blade mounting points. I’d suggest looking for another kit for that option, or lots of scratch work to add the missing details.

1 Like