Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Until recently there wasn’t much of an opportunity to even see that portion. :smile:

3 Likes

I have a possible new plan.

I recently did the Zvezda T90 MC which does have a decent detailed belly plate yes ?
Which is pretty much the same running gear and chassis from T72 …
I would possibly chop that for the lower have and still get the other Zvezda T72B for the upper hull and turret…thoughts ?

4 Likes

Open-up the bottom escape hatch. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

1 Like

That could be an option… Would need to look at that after I chopped it

1 Like

Ah but that’s cheating - then you wouldn’t be getting two dioramas from one kit.

2 Likes

That would be the compromise… But I’m waiting on Bruce @BGT to see if he can show me the belly plate of his AH T72M1… If it’s detailed, I would pay out for that as it has the interior and chop that instead

3 Likes

I would say so.
http://www.panzer-modell.de/ausgepackt/archiv/amusing/35a038.htm

Thanks Ryan, I was looking for that and couldn’t find it ?
That could be the go to kit then, as it also has the escape hatch which can be done open…:+1:

2 Likes

Ukrainian ASU-85 !

H.P.

2 Likes

@ Frenchy and ruzzaa. A combined thank’s for so many great pics!

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

1 Like

This thread makes me wish I was smart enough to read and translate the Cyrillic alphabet…

3 Likes

There’s enough visual reference in this thread for building countless different types of tanks, SPGs, AAA guns and support vehicles from both sides in a variety of schemes.

A big, hearty HOOAH to both Ruzzaa and Frenchy from me to you all.

You can use Google translator and the Cyrillic keyboards (Russian or Ukrainian) to transcribe the words you see in the pics…

H.P.

2 Likes

Except most of those are B1

What about this one, Simon (I’m no expert…) ?

H.P.

1 Like

That’s a B the only difference between a B and B1 lies in the gunners site

T 72B

B1

1 Like

Thanks !

H.P.

Mandalorian

2 Likes

H.P.