Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Both T-72 kits came from China, off of eBay I believe the sellers name is Yan world

2 Likes

H.P.

1 Like

Swords into Ploughshares… Literally.

tank4-jpg-1

m4 tractor
Looks like it was once an M10 Tank Destroyer, or it’s British counterpart, the 17prd M10.

1 Like

H.P.

pretty sure bnamodelworld and hobbyeasy both have them iin stock, bna shipping would be cheaper , i got my last order in 7 working days ( aus-usa_

1 Like

The Meng T72B3M w/ KTM is available stateside and I’ll just have to wait for the Trumpeter offering.

Edited to add: What’s in the bag type ERA, anyhow? Sand? Semtex? Glass beads? Magic dust?

Sheets of explosives, I would assume that the explosives are enclosed between two metal plates.
The explosive assemblies are kept at some distance from each other by the “egg-corton” inlays.

1 Like

Fantastic Frenchy, that’s the one- some fascinating oddities in that collection of pics!

I think that Andy’s HHQ has the Meng kit.

1 Like

I managed to find private articles in which it is written that this is intended for urban conditions to exclude such situations when the protection is damaged when it collides with the corners and walls of the building.

“… inside there is a damping, softening element that takes on the main load upon contact. Behind it is the same steel armor plate and an explosive charge. In other words, the principle of operation is no different from those “boxes”, but such dynamic protection in the “bag” is more tenacious in cramped city blocks.”

3 Likes

And Sprue Bros

H.P.

1 Like

Yuri, can you tell me where these bushmasters were destroyed? Thank you, JC

Written: in the Kharkiv region.

1 Like

H.P.

Actually that started as an M4A2 - there are pics of it as a turretless hull before the farmer torched off all the unwanted armour shell. Still got one half-built on the shelf of shame!

1 Like

H.P.

2 Likes

Then it sounds like that half built hull section my yet prove worthy.

Interesting T-72 with T-55 wheels
FSVKjvtWYAEVA7n