Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I think they need to find out what the correct tyre pressure is … the load isnt the problem …

1 Like

What kind of vehicle is this? Looks very interesting.

You probably spot on with regards to the tyre pressure or clearly the lack thereof.

I imagine that there may not be that many working air lines in destroyed garages and with a very fluid front line and being away from repair shops etc to inflate as they would like (I wonder if BTRs come with an airline in the vehicle kit to self inflate ?? And as long as its not so low as to get the wagon slewing back and forth across the road or overly effect the steering the troops are happy that they dont have to walk…

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

pretty sure its an oplot

For the Motherland? Someone has had too much Kool-Ade.

1 Like

One for the “experts”! Does it usually get cold enough in eastern Ukraine for the ground to freeze in winter enough for the tanks to operate without getting bogged?

2 Likes

I’m no expert but as a wargamer I’ve come across the term “Rasputitsa”. The Wikipedia article gives the details, but basically while the ground is baked hard in summer and frozen in winter between the two states, in spring and autumn, you’re in deep sh…

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Problem is, the Russicists were fought to a standstill and began to lose ground when the ground was nice and firm over the summer. Things have slowed down now as Autumn weather takes its toll.

According to the many defence analyses i’ve read of late, the winter will likely resemble a partial stalemate, with neither side really gaining much of an advantage. It seems like the Russicists are counting on the freeze in order to begin fresh offensives - well, we all know how that worked out for them in the first months of the war and they appear not to want to learn or adapt. My money is also on a stalemate.

Your models and dioramas are going to resemble something out of ‘Journey’s End’ come the anniversary of this conflict.

2 Likes

They’ve already started to dig the trenches on the Russian side, and I am sure this will be the situation going into the winter’s. The slower gains and losses.

1 Like

Tool of the trade

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FePoYO4WQA8I36o?format=png&name=large

H.P.

4 Likes

How fitting. Reverting to WWI tactics to go along with those Mosin-Nagant riles.

4 Likes

“Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man.” - Patton

4 Likes

Wooden ZU-23-2

https://images.afternoonvoice.com/2022/11/Russia-Ukraine-war-AP_PTI.jpg

H.P.

1 Like

I dig those “cats’ eyes” goggles.