Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

AMN-590951 multi-purpose armored vehicle of the Russian Armed Forces.

2 Likes

The fourth photo is a rare T 80!

H.P.

4 Likes

This one may be Russian…

H.P.

3 Likes

https://zhi.hsc.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/312452960_458977916322556_879685506377764549_n.jpg

https://hsc.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/photo_2022-10-26_20-52-52.jpg

H.P.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Maybe we could somehow model Russia voting to condemn its own actions in Ukraine. Because it happened. Maybe a Shep Paine style historical diorama of the UN chamber in which the vote took place.

2 Likes

Has anybody seen any BTR-80A’s in the war? I just picked up one at Modelzona today and am hoping to find photos of use for reference.

Is this the most well traveled vehicle in the conflict or did some get really happy with paint? Seems it has every operational symbol on it.

4 Likes

Here’s another one

H.P.

H.P.

@Frenchy i think this one is having an identity crisis as it does seem to know which letter of the alphabet it wants to be…or possibly it’s one of the non binary alphabet people lol

6 Likes

Really strange markings.
This machine has long been lit up on the network. This photo is dated back in June. And here’s another one.

2 Likes

Plenty of aiming points.

This, one is a 82A. Look at the tubes above the exhausts.

Olivier

That’s the problem. I find many photos of the 82A, which is very close visually to the 80A. But I’m not turning up photos of the BTR-80A in Ukraine… hard to believe as so many of the other Russian types are turning up in country. Especially far older types.

Or one of the luckiest to have survived so many lines of approach. The Russian version of “The Haunted Tank”. :wink:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I beg to differ Olivier :wink: Here’s a close-up of the turret

Looks like a 80A turret to me…Could it be an upgraded 80A with some 82A features like the tube ? :thinking: (the tube is also visible in some other 80A pics…)

Here’s a 80A seen from almost the same angle of view

H.P.