Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

The problem is the original post from David was finding out info regarding armour and equipment that was being used in the war, and what model kits were out there available for modellers to use to represent them. How about someone starting a thread solely for posting images of completed kits ? No lengthy comments or chat, just nice simple images … As Gino/Rob/David have said, a lot of kits have been built and they all looked great, and it is a pain to scrawl through thousands of posts to see them again which I fully understand (and I know you can bookmark them individually) so a built kit thread would make sense … ??

4 Likes

Whats the 2nd image ?

To start the ball rolling and because I have a spare 5 minutes at work, I have made a thread for anyone who has built a model that represents a vehicle or bit of equipment from the current war… no lenghty comments or chat, just a brief description of what it is you ave built … if you’re interested …

Built kits of all Vehicles from the current Ukraine War

Over to you that have completed builds …

David @Klaus-Adler — this isnt meant to steal your thunder from this thread, more of a side thread from yours ok mate :+1:

They’ll be re-purposing bows and arrows next.

I guess it’s a BSEM-4K armored medical vehicle, based on the BTR-4 :

H.P.

2 Likes

Cheers H.P … totally missed the cross on the first post lol … Although I am not sure that a camo makes sense as in accordance with LOAC, all medical based Vehicles and buildings used for medical purposes are to be clearly identifiable and marked accordingly with the recognised international symbols ? To me, if you shot at that one, you couldnt be held responsible if you destroyed it … ?

1 Like

If you are more or less certain that the “other side” will use Red Crosses as aiming points then you may want to opt for camouflage and staying hidden

1 Like

True enough … I was just thinking LOAC as I had to redo my yearly Trg a few weeks ago … which was a joy lol … not

2 Likes

The fatal flaw in the LOAC from a NATO point of view is that nobody the West (and/or its Coalition Partners) has come into conflict with since they were ratified either signed up to them, or pays any attention to them.

Didn’t you ever notice that wherever we went, we seemed to be the only ones playing by the rules?

Bring back flame throwers, Rockeye and bombing hospitals I say.

1 Like

as it was suggested by some to add more rubbish/trash to mine

before

after

i just don’t want to over egg it, so i think this looks better but without the over kill.

13 Likes

I get that, but every photo i’ve seen of a ransacked vehicle shows tons of crap scattered about.

@Johnnych01 not a problem matey…if you knew what was going on in my in my home/private life right now then you’d realise that hijacking a forum thread ain’t even remotely close to being on my radar.

hopefully next week i will be able to elaborate more but right now. in the means let’s all post finished works in your thread, great idea by the way!

2 Likes

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/315314544_469474225284574_2775587609760311254_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=mZ7YlfrHM5EAX_qGbXI&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=00_AfDEp78lU30pBahBMAYrPaYA66ljLCJ6uQGtaozbRdNmsA&oe=637301FD

H.P.

1 Like

Yes that’s it, the same vehicle

1 Like

1 Like

Thats how it goes!
The “other side” plays by the rules, they just use different rules.
Ken

9 Likes

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/315307246_468873605344636_1894582286924110297_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Us-vVqrpFCcAX9ixQHU&tn=r1OD1YsTaaqT1Z7z&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=00_AfDEonZAMSeJwWPV8Frooo1q3tow0beeW-CeMEntMfpezw&oe=63744247

H.P.

3 Likes

maybe not the hospitals though :thinking:

1 Like